Second grader roamed streets for hours after teacher locked her out of class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    No way was the kid traumatized. And this probably won't be the popular opinion here, but a lot of blame (if not all) falls on the parents here. My kids know better than to walk out the front door of any place without a parent or adult supervision. Schools can keep people out, but due to fire safety reasons, it's illegal to lock people (students) in. Due to that, if you don't teach your children this, YOU failed, not the school.

What will be interesting is the two hour gap between the incident and the phone call. I'm curious to know if it took the school that long to notice, or if the school just waiting that long to call after conducting a search, or if the teacher took that long to notify the front office. And the police refusing to respond is total horseshit. They should be named in the lawsuit more so than the school, IMO.
    Bravo! My kid knows better than to walk out unsupervised and I believe most kids do.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
      This 100%. My daughter wouldn't dare do such a thing....

But - the school also fucked up by not keeping checks and balances on kids, who is going in and out of the school, etc.

The restaurant really fucked up by letting the kid leave and not insisting the police come because 7yr olds don't just walk in restaurants by themselves....

And the biggest fuckup of all was by the police.

<-- would beat his kid's ass as well.

They thought she was 12. But either way if they held her there in this fucked up world her parents would probably sue for kidnapping.

Comment

Police were probably too busy kicking in someone's door growing a tomato plant. Give em a break...

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
          They thought she was 12. But either way if they held her there in this fucked up world her parents would probably sue for kidnapping.
          Missed that part.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky View Post
            Police were probably too busy kicking in someone's door growing a tomato plant. Give em a break...
            Not here in NorCal, pot is just the other side of legal.

Comment

Working...
            X