No announcement yet.

best mattress out there for the money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been sleeping on a Tempurpedic for several years now and love it. *I have not had any problems with it. *I was worried that I was going to get hot sleeping on it since that seemed to be the biggest complaint at the time when I bought mine. *However, I have never felt any warmer on that mattress than I did on any other mattress. *

I also like it because it does not start to sag in the middle like a coil spring mattress and they say that the make-up of the tempurpedic will not allow or minimize the amount of dust mites that will be in your mattress. *I can't remember exactly. *

I also like it for the simple fact that my wife does not feel me get out of bed or rolling around and I don't feel her doing the same. *

Are they expensive? *YES! *Are they worth it? *YES! *Plus I believe most mattress stores give you 30-90 days to return it if you don't like it. *So worse case you can always take it back if you don't think it is giving you the kind of sleep you want for the money. *

Oh and one other thing. *There are different levels of tempurpedics. *I went middle of the road on mine. *As I understand it, the difference is how tight the little beads or whatever it is made up of are packed together. *

Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by BLK306 View Post
      I've been sleeping on a Tempurpedic for several years now and love it. *I have not had any problems with it. *I was worried that I was going to get hot sleeping on it since that seemed to be the biggest complaint at the time when I bought mine. *However, I have never felt any warmer on that mattress than I did on any other mattress. *

I also like it because it does not start to sag in the middle like a coil spring mattress and they say that the make-up of the tempurpedic will not allow or minimize the amount of dust mites that will be in your mattress. *I can't remember exactly. *

I also like it for the simple fact that my wife does not feel me get out of bed or rolling around and I don't feel her doing the same. *

Are they expensive? *YES! *Are they worth it? *YES! *Plus I believe most mattress stores give you 30-90 days to return it if you don't like it. *So worse case you can always take it back if you don't think it is giving you the kind of sleep you want for the money. *

Oh and one other thing. *There are different levels of tempurpedics. *I went middle of the road on mine. *As I understand it, the difference is how tight the little beads or whatever it is made up of are packed together. *

Hope that helps.
      * good to know.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

* wtf?
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

If anyone needs a bed you need to talk to Mike (The Sarge) before you go anywhere else. I saw his post in the hook-up thread and gave him a shout; he got us a ridiculous deal and we can't thank him enough! Best of all we went to a different location and tried out the beds to see what we wanted and then I just called him and he

I'm tired of my wore out pillow top mattress...I think it's a Simmons...I've been debating the two that I see and hear so much about...the Tempurpedic and the Sleep Number bed. Anybody get to try these out and what do you think?

Comment

Cloud Luxe.

Best mattress I've ever slept on.

You get what you pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
              * wtf?
              I don't know why it did that. I tried to post from my work computer and it blocked me. So I put in a Word doc and emailed to myself so I could copy and past it in a post on my phone. I guess something about that process caused all the astricts.

Comment

Originally posted by BLK306 View Post
                I don't know why it did that. I tried to post from my work computer and it blocked me. So I put in a Word doc and emailed to myself so I could copy and past it in a post on my phone. I guess something about that process caused all the astricts.
                Ha, no worries.
                Originally posted by davbrucas
                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

The Sarge sold us a great mattress. PM him.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I was in this same position a couple years ago and was convinced I needed to spend some big money on something like Stearns & Foster to get a good mattress.

Long story short, what I've learned is to never purchase a big brand mattress ever again. No Sealy, Serta, Simmons, King Koil...whatever. Just stay away from them. Why? Because you don't know for an absolute certainty exactly how the mattress has been constructed. Find a local mattress manufacturer and purchase from them since they actually manufacture the mattress on-site. I've saved my research from then and I'm happy to post up the places I found:

www.themattressfactory.com - I ended up buying mine from these guys

United & Holland Mattress Company Denton Texas Family Owned and Operated Mattress Store

The one I ended up buying you are actually able to flip over...can't find anyone else that still does that. I bought the Barrington line which is 6" thick latex rubber slab, with another 2" thick latex rubber slab on either side of that one. It is, bar none, the most comfortable mattress I've ever slept on in my life. Latex rubber won't break down like urethane foam padding which is what you typically find on pillowtops or other mattress that advertise latex, yet have a foam pad on top.

Don't take my word for it...go check them out and usually places like these can build the mattress to your specs if you're serious about it.

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_sep View Post
                      Tempurpedic here and no complaints no looking back it really is worth it's price tag
                      When we moved into the new house we bought a Serta Icomfort Prodigy, and I cant stand it. We had a tempurpedic before we moved. Ol lady wanted a new mattress cause I had the mattress before her and something about screwing other broads on it. Anyways, we have the "love your mattress guarantee" so Im going to go back to tempurpedic

Comment

Bunch of pansies. I sleep on the floor. Floor/moving quilt/sheet.

Comment

Temperupedic hereā€¦ I have the cloud supreme cool breeze. It was expensive but worth it when you get full nights sleep with less back ache/pain.

Comment

Stearns and Foster, no complaints. We got a hook up though from a friend that use to work at Haverty's.

Comment

We have a Restonic memory foam from Stacy furniture. It was expensive, but about as much as the mid-grade Tempurpedics. We shopped around a while and laid on the highest end Tempurpedics, but this one was softer. After all that testing, when we laid on this one, we knew it was the one. Just under $3k on sale, and we've had it for 5 or 6 years. I will say this - it gets pretty hot. It was supposed to have all the new stay cool technology at the time, but I put off heat like a furnace, and this thing definitely doesn't keep me cool. Not real sure that any bed would. Also, there is a very slight Valley now from where I sleep every single night in the exact same spot. I'm 330 lbs, so again, not sure if any bed would really be expected to do better. No valley where my girl has slept for the whole time. It has a 20 year warranty. I figure we'll just start our shopping over again when this one starts getting uncomfortable. I don't mind getting a new mattress every 8-10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                                This kills me when this is something that you literally spend a third of your life on and you want to cheap skate around it.
                                This is what convinced me to get a tempurpedic. I think I got the cloud or the cloud supreme in a queen size. I never wake up on that thing and have no regrets about spending that money for quality sleep.
                                De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

Working...
                                X