Black History Month!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black History Month!

A California school is under fire after planning a Black History Month lunch menu that included fried chicken, cornbread and watermelon.

The planned menu at Carondelet High School for Girls, a private institution in Concord, was met with outrage from students and parents, according to NBC Bay Area.

School Principal Nancy Libby said the items will be removed from the menu, and the campus will hold a diversity assembly for faculty and students.

"I'd like to apologize for the announcement and any hurt this caused students, parents or community members," Libby said in an apology letter. "Please know that at no time at Carondelet do we wish to perpetrate racial stereotypes."

sigpic

White powa!
    Originally posted by talisman
    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
    Originally posted by AdamLX
    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Because fuck you, that's why
    Originally posted by 80coupe
    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
    Originally posted by Rick Modena
    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Start @ :38

Comment

Will this "outrage" stop KFC, Popeye's, Churches from using the same stereotypical advertising? Probably not...This is just our wasted tax dollars in the media. I think the concept was rad, honestly. Many grew up with that home-cookin' (before WebMD). One of my best girlfriends (from New O) said, "I looove me some grape soda...I know...I'm a black girl...But it's just GOOD" LOL I was like, "Well, I'm a wanna-be skinny white chick...so I love me some Diet Coke", Cheers! Give me a break.
        I no longer shift gears - I switch beers. Cheers!

Comment

lmao my step sister just graduated from there

Comment

Originally posted by Victorious View Post
            Will this "outrage" stop KFC, Popeye's, Churches from using the same stereotypical advertising? Probably not...This is just our wasted tax dollars in the media. I think the concept was rad, honestly. Many grew up with that home-cookin' (before WebMD). One of my best girlfriends (from New O) said, "I looove me some grape soda...I know...I'm a black girl...But it's just GOOD" LOL I was like, "Well, I'm a wanna-be skinny white chick...so I love me some Diet Coke", Cheers! Give me a break.
            The way you post for some reason makes me think that you speak the same in person. For being someone from Southside crooked I, it throws me off. You're a paradox.
            Originally posted by talisman
            I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
            Originally posted by AdamLX
            If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            Because fuck you, that's why
            Originally posted by 80coupe
            nice dick, Idrivea4banger
            Originally posted by Rick Modena
            ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
            Originally posted by Jester
            Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
              The way you post for some reason makes me think that you speak the same in person. For being someone from Southside crooked I, it throws me off. You're a paradox.
              ROFLMFAO I'm wearing a Crooked I Tee now. hahaha I've known Pankey since I was 18. Yes, I write just like I sound...unless it's a legal document, of course.
              I no longer shift gears - I switch beers. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
                lmao my step sister just graduated from there
                Pics?

Comment

Carondelet, right accross from De Lasalle on Treat. My highschool GF went there.
                  Ded

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
                    Carondelet, right accross from De Lasalle on Treat. My highschool GF went there.
                    Was it weird going to prom in your 30's?
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                      Zing!

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                        I didn't go to prom, had to work a double at the factory.
                        Ded

Comment

I like fried chicken, cornbread, watermelon, and grape soda...

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                            I like fried chicken, cornbread, watermelon, and grape soda...
                            Trade the grape for Big Red and count me in.

Comment

Finally, kids get something good to eat and someone has to bitch.

Think I'll have chicken & waffles for lunch.

Comment

Working...
                              X