Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 90MarkVII View Post
    What training?
    Aren't you guys supposed to attend Freeway Incident Managment training ? Wasn't part of that training that you only shut down for as long as you need for safe operations and then get the traffic flow going asap so as to not have additional incidents in the "que" ?
    I agree with the poster above, take what you need to do your job safely, THEN move the crap out of the way. Dallas SO does this pretty well from what I have seen.....

Comment

[QUOTE=dcs13;1253813] for as long as you need for safe operations /QUOTE]

You answered your own question.

Comment

[quote=90MarkVII;1253815]
        Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
        for as long as you need for safe operations /QUOTE]

You answered your own question.
        My comments were related to USerX's comment that on "occaision" stuff gets jacked up longer than needed... No patient care going on, just waiting on the tow and there are more blocked than needed...

Comment

Aren't you guys supposed to attend Freeway Incident Managment training ? Wasn't part of that training that you only shut down for as long as you need for safe operations and then get the traffic flow going asap so as to not have additional incidents in the "que" ?
          I agree with the poster above, take what you need to do your job safely, THEN move the crap out of the way. Dallas SO does this pretty well from what I have seen.....
          Isn't that what he said anyways?

Originally posted by 90MarkVII View Post
          As long as there is active patient care going on, or extrication or such, there is no such thing as "blocking more lanes until necessary".
          Protecting the patients and the F.D. (and ambulance) trumps everything else.
          Peroid.

Comment

My comments were related to USerX's comment that on "occaision" stuff gets jacked up longer than needed... No patient care going on, just waiting on the tow and there are more blocked than needed...
            You replied directly to 90MarkVII's post. If you were addressing UserX it would help if you quoted him.

Somebody didn't attend the FIMS training then....

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
              You replied directly to 90MarkVII's post. If you were addressing UserX it would help if you quoted him.
              My bad, I thought that was the direction the conversation had turned and was adressing that issue. Oh heck, where is Matt when you need him....

Comment

Working...
              X