Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
    that's good...

not everybody is wired the same. I'm pretty high strung, and my intoxicants of choice have always tended to be sedatives

other people are wired differently and prefer uppers

there have been plenty of careers/lives wasted on meth, coke, etc.

just as there have been plenty wasted on alcohol, benzos, opiates, etc.
    If I were to do a drug, it would be cocaine. I've talked to enough of my friends that have used it (some of the admitted users surprised me!) to know it would be my pick. I've avoided it and been able to turn it down every time I've been offered. I assume I should feel lucky for that.
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post
      I understand what he was possibly going through. I am glad it wasn't me. I have 5 months clean and I am getting my life back on track from my own struggles with heroin. It is a beast and gets its hooks into you physically in a way that makes getting off of it almost impossible without being locked up somewhere for a while.
      Keep it up, Chris!

I've seen party pictures of his own attraction to alcohol.....
      haha Scooby Doo!

Comment

Don, alcohol is a depressant.

I dont understand why people try heroin, knowing what the effects tend to be. I'm extremely biased, though.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
          Don, alcohol is a depressant.

I dont understand why people try heroin, knowing what the effects tend to be. I'm extremely biased, though.
          I know it is, however I am not addicted to it and don't drink for it's mellowing, euphoric effects. The second part of your statement and Chris's ordeal in the hotel room are exactly the reason ill never understand people abusing heroin.
          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
          dont downshift!!

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
            I know it is, however I am not addicted to it and don't drink for it's mellowing, euphoric effects. The second part of your statement and Chris's ordeal in the hotel room are exactly the reason ill never understand people abusing heroin.
            Drug addiction and suicide are very similar. "I don't understand why anyone in their right mind would do that..." That's exactly it. They aren't in their right mind. People abuse heroine for the same reasons they abuse anything else. To deal with insecurities. To deal with anxiety. To forget. To get lost. To mask pain and tragedy.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

People drink or use substances basically because they like the effect produced by them. Much like people's preference of music, people's preference of a mood altering substance varies similarly. Some people have an extremely adverse reaction and it sets off the phenomenon of craving and they don't stop until there is tragedy of some kind. It is hard for a normal person to understand an addict, and an addict cannot understand how someone can have just a few then hang it up.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                haha Scooby Doo!

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

On a serious note, anyone interested in drug abuse and dependency should read Keith Richard's autobiography, "Life."

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Life-Keith-Richards/dp/031603441X[/ame]

Comment

It is hard for a normal person to understand an addict, and an addict cannot understand how someone can have just a few then hang it up.
                    I believe it. I read the wiki on Layne Staley (Alice in Chains) recently. To a lesser extent, my mother and her smoking is a terrific example of that mentality (albeit with the same result as Staley and Hoffman). I'll never be able to understand it.
                    dont downshift!!

Comment

With all the pain I'm in constantly, you'd be wrong if you thought the idea of seeing if a few illicit drugs would help relieve it hasn't entered my mind. Cobain reportedly did heroin to relieve his constant stomach pain. Pretty sure that is what the song Pennyroyal Tea is about. I don't think that is why Hoffman did it, but there are plenty of seemingly logical reasons for seemingly illogical behavior out there.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        With all the pain I'm in constantly, you'd be wrong if you thought the idea of seeing if a few illicit drugs would help relieve it hasn't entered my mind. Cobain reportedly did heroin to relieve his constant stomach pain. Pretty sure that is what the song Pennyroyal Tea is about. I don't think that is why Hoffman did it, but there are plenty of seemingly logical reasons for seemingly illogical behavior out there.
                        Cobain also said being with Coutney Love helped ease his stomach pain. I dont know how, she generally GIVES me stomach pain.
                        Originally posted by Marisa
                        we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                          I remember the earliest I saw him was in Scent of a Woman and Twister. I couldn't stand to watch Capote though
                          I liked Capote and while shooting it he was always around the set staying in character.

Sux though he is dead.

Comment

Her life is in your hands.

Oh, man, don't say that man.

Mr. Lebowski asked me to repeat that: Her life is in your hands.

Oh shit, man.

Her life is in your hands, Dude. And report back to us as soon as it's done.

Comment

Most people believe they know and are in control of their own body. This may be true to a degree, but for most of us it is better to not even try it. I have never done that stuff, but I have an idea based on a movie quote. I think it was basketball diaries that said it was like rolling down a hill of titties.

Comment

"Heroin, a drug worth dying for"

I liked him so much I watched Doubt the whole was through. God damn that was painful.

Comment

Working...
                                X