Anyone here ship lots of stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here ship lots of stuff?

I've been shipping lots of stuff lately and USPS seems to be destroying the packaging on half the stuff I send. They keep playing soccer with my boxes and the bags inside keep arriving ruptured. I've been thinking of starting to use poly tubing rolls with a heat sealer to make my own bags.

Anyone here use anything like this on a regular basis? Any feedback would be great. Also, is 6mil bagging pretty tough stuff?

what are you shipping ? Best friend ships 100+ items a day
    sigpic

Comment

I ship 10-15 items. Week. Typically poly mailers with cupcake rings in them wrapped in a layer of bubble wrap. I have yet to receive a complaint using usps first class mail
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

You might need to use more tape. I get some packages that are 100% taped surfaces.
        Cover the corners at the very least, plus tape across evey seam.

Alternatively, with more effort and cost,you might consider packaging with a box within a box.
        Jay Johnson
        Car hauler for hire

Comment

I ship 25-50 packages a week. Most in the 50LB range. All my International stuff goes USPS unless customer request otherwise. UPS and FedEx are in the 1000.00 range to some of my customers in Australia and New Zealand. USPS is 306.65. Never had any damage or lost shipments in 6 years. For North America shipping I use UPS for big stuff and USPS flat rate for small stuff. USPS is typically a day faster than UPS getting to the same destination. I have had numerous claims with UPS for damages and lost/stolen shipments. When I used FedEx they were worse for lost/stolen claims. Packaging is everything to protect from damage. I use that thick heavy brown paper for big heavy stuff and bubble wrap for light products. Shake the box when you get it taped up. If the product moves around alot you can just about guarantee the it will poke thru the box somewhere along the line. Pack it tight,especially big heavy stuff.

Comment

Working...
          X