No announcement yet.

Why do LEO still carry dim mag lights ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do LEO still carry dim mag lights ?

I was watching a current episode of cops and they were still using mag lights . Why in the heck would they still be using such outdated equipment ?

Flashlight + baton = maglight

Comment

Ask one the next time you see one.
      sigpic

Comment

Lot of old timers like the big heavy ones so they can tuck it in their armpits when needing both hands.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
          Flashlight + baton = maglight
          Correctamundo! I kept a streamlight on my belt, kept the maglight in the car. Having the maglight in hand to whack dudes over the head was handy. You get some odd looks during the day though.

Comment

New flashlights cost money. Keep recycling the old stuff seems to be working for many dept's I always used a small light. couldn't stand the big lights at all.

Comment

Jimmy uses one.

Comment

I will put my 2c cell size maglite up against ANY flashlight any of you have.

Comment

Personally, I've had 3 LED mag lights, and all of them crapped out within about a year.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                    I will put my 2c cell size maglite up against ANY flashlight any of you have.
                    As a baton or light production ? Even if you have a Malkoff drop in , today's lights are far superior .

Comment

Light output, no malkof here. I did lolz thinking about comparing the baton factor with someone else and their flashlight.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                        Light output, no malkof here. I did lolz thinking about comparing the baton factor with someone else and their flashlight.
                        Is it a custom build ? If so what's your combo ? I'm becoming interested in custom builds .

Comment

Of course it is. A stock mag is worthless. The host is nice though and super easy to mod. My fav combo is a xml2 emitter and 3.2a driver set in a copper sink, stock rebel reflector, and a ucl glass lens. Sleeve the the tube and use a nice pair of 18650 cells. It's a killer light, throws for days.

Comment

My dad carries like a 6 cell D battery mag under his seat. Its insane. He had a lot of break ins at his shop, shit doubles as a baseball bat.

Baseball bat = 6 D cells.
                            Brightness = my surefire.
                            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Yeah those are what I like to call redneck specials.

Comment

Working...
                              X