Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do schools close a lot quicker for inclimate weather now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
    our planet is heated from the inside... our local climate is warm...

when a cold weather formation moves in, the ground is warmer than the air.

If frozen precipitation falls, it will melt... ESPECIALLY when it falls on very dense ground like concrete or asphalt.

cliff's notes: it wasn't even freezing when I was driving home, but IF it had been, the precipitation wouldn't have frozen on the ground anyhow.
    That's more like it, no smilies and no cursing.

Your statement above that claims "our planet is heated from the inside... our local climate is warm" ignores the fact that our climate and meteorological conditions are governed by solar radiation, not intra-planetary heating. Of course that's just general knowledge I picked up somewhere along the way, rather than from the ever-popular Google search, so the 'net experts might disagree with me.

I'm actually more interested though in your original post about the "mother fuckers." I'm beginning to see irate drivers more often every day in this area, and it gives me some measure of humor to see them get puffed up about someone, whether it be me or not, driving 5-10 miles under the speed limit. How someone chooses to drive their own vehicle is really none of your business, as long as they are not violating any traffic laws by so doing. Please do continue to let them get under your skin though, and come back to the forum often to let us all know about it.

Comment

Cooter followed me to work this morning. He was behind a truck, road was completely open, however as I approached he then sped up and tried to get in front of me, but not enough of a gap so he slowed back down to his original pace, then whipped behind me and remained in butt hurt mode for several miles before backing off. Sorry, Coot.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
        Cooter followed me to work this morning. He was behind a truck, road was completely open, however as I approached he then sped up and tried to get in front of me, but not enough of a gap so he slowed back down to his original pace, then whipped behind me and remained in butt hurt mode for several miles before backing off. Sorry, Coot.
        There are many more vehicles on the roads here than there were 5-10 years ago, and all the new construction hasn't kept pace. One notable exception is I-35 from DFW to San Antonio. In those areas south of Temple where the construction is complete, it's not as bad a drive as it used to be, although I still prefer 281.

The clear majority of irate drivers in this area now are the pickup truck badasses. Used to be the SUV drivers, but now it's most often half-ton PU drivers. Don't really know why that changed.

Comment

Don't know. In these parts when commuting on a Saturday morning it is guaranteed you'll run into at least one douche bag who believes the entire roadway belongs to them and will try and teach you a lesson with brights/tailgating/horn.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
            Coming from my new friend, that hurts.
            That was directed squarely at society in general. Apologies.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
              That was directed squarely at society in general. Apologies.
              Oh you...
              As far illiterate society? I am reminded of something Layne Staley said a few years ago:
              "I have been guilty of kicking myself in the teeth."

Comment

I love being able to say, "I walked uphill BOTH WAYS to school" (ridiculous snow drifts - Chicago to Michigan to NJ). My schools would have snow to the TOP of the doors - they'd just move it - and open the doors. Bastards!

I looooove sleet days in Texas! Unless I have to drive over a bridge - 4 days AFTER the ice has melted. Morons.
                I no longer shift gears - I switch beers. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                X