Walking/Hiking trails?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walking/Hiking trails?

Any suggestions for walking/hiking trails that aren't on concrete around the area?
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Cedar Hill... I've done some trail runs there.

Comment

Any mountain bike trail.
      Just know that trail etiquette dictates that if you're on foot you do the trail in reverse.

Comment

You could also go explore the Great Trinity Forest:

Practical urban exploration blog on the Trinity River and Great Trinity Forest in Dallas Texas.

I've helped Groundwork Dallas do some trail building out there in the past - there's a lot of shit to see and places to explore.

Comment

I was thinking about some of the Dorba trails but wasn't sure if those were a good place to go. I hadn't thought about doing them in reverse.
          Originally posted by Jester
          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
          He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
          Originally posted by Denny
          What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
          FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

A guide for where to find a short hike versus long, how to traverse unmarked territory, what you can expect to see, and more.

The one in cedar hill is nice and not too far out of the way.
            Justin

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
              I was thinking about some of the Dorba trails but wasn't sure if those were a good place to go. I hadn't thought about doing them in reverse.

Any Dorba trail would be great. I see people hiking out on the trails all the time when I'm riding.

Comment

Thees 12 miles of horse/pedestrian trails around Benbrook Lake that are nice and the trails at Sansom Park are nice.

Comment

Originally posted by the spindoctor View Post
                  http://www.dmagazine.com/publication...king-in-dallas

The one in cedar hill is nice and not too far out of the way.
                  This. It is a little over 11 miles in trails. I use to go twice a week and hike. When I was a fat ass cat tail was rough on me. It has some pretty decent elevation changes along with cedar break. The rest of the trails are really easy and just add some mileage. After I had lost all my weight I hiked them all in one shot. Took me a while if I remember and I burned like 2000 calories.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

This may sound stupid, but hit any and all public land hunting area's and go look for shed antlers.

Comment

Join the Army like youre always talking about. I hear they like a bit
                      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Eagle Mountain Lake has some gravel trails that lead to the lake. Couple miles of trails I would say.

Comment

I have hiking trail entrances within a quarter mile of my house. Generally I hit them on my dirtbike. Definitely around the area for me, too far for most of the DFW folks to venture I'd guess. It covers about 14 miles near the shoreline area.

I live in Cedar Bayou

Cedar Bayou Marina rests on the sprawling beauty of Lake Texoma as a must-visit destination, whether you’re a seasoned boater in search of a boat slip or an outdoors enthusiast looking for a beautiful place to relax and enjoy nature.

Comment

^cross timbers is bad ass.

Make sure you bring plenty of water or a way to filter the lake water.

At least in the summer.

I did my first hike/camp there and made all the newby mistakes. New shoes (blisters), got off trail (exhausting), didn't bring enough water for 95 degree temps (had to boil lake water)
                            WRX

Comment

Most state parks around have hiking trails. Pitch a tent and with a girlfriend then let her take it down.
                              Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Working...
                              X