Another teacher of the year award.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another teacher of the year award.

Community ISD was notified today by law enforcement of a situation involving a CHS teacher. Personnel issues are confidential matters and cannot be discussed. However, please know that CISD takes allegations of this nature very seriously. We have no reason to believe that any CISD staff member, other than the employee in question, or any CISD student is involved. The school district always cooperates with law enforcement agencies in outside investigations as well. Although unfortunate, please realize this is an isolated case that is being handled appropriately. CISD has policies/procedures in place that protect and ensure the safety of students. We will always be proactive in addressing personnel issues that arise. Thanks for your understanding and willingness to know the facts.

Robert Denny Applewhite, 38, was arrested today, Jan. 22, for indecency with a child - sexual contact, a second degree felony. Applewhite is a Community High School Algebra 2 teacher.

I can tell you from what the students are saying. Mr Applewhite was arrested by Collin county sheriff's department on a warrant from Denton county (Applewhite lives in Prosper) the Sheriffs took some stuff from his classroom including his phone and laptop and that his car was towed away.

http://www.wylienews.com/articles/te...=5178&zoneid=5 Info from the link:
    Robert Denny Applewhite, 38, was arrested today, Jan. 22, for indecency with a child - sexual contact, a second degree felony. Applewhite is a Community High School Algebra 2 teacher.

According to information provided by the Collin County Sherriff’s Office, the warrant was issued by southern Denton County and no bond has been set at this time. Applewhite is being held by the Collin County Sheriff’s Department.

Community ISD Superintendent Cole McClendon issued this statement. “CISD is aware of allegations against an employee and takes the matter very seriously. However, we have no reason to believe other staff or students are affected by this private matter. Our safety of students is top priority. At this time, the incident is non-school related but could ultimately affect the educator's employment status with CISD. The employee has been placed on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of this case.”
    Last edited by Woods Racing Transmission; 01-23-2014, 10:43 AM. Reason: being stupid

Nope. Not vague enough. Just delete this thread, and start over.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
      Nope. Not vague enough. Just delete this thread, and start over.
      I agree pretty vague but so far this is the districts "official" statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Woods Racing Transmission View Post
        I agree pretty vague but so far this is the districts "official" statement.
        Ok, but statement on what? If you agree it's pretty vague, but you know what it's about, talk about it. If not, this thread is useless.

Comment

Something happened somewhere.

Details at 10!

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
            Something happened somewhere.

Details at 10!

Comment

This is pissing me off more than it should.

"a situation"

"allegations of this nature"

"confidential and can not be discussed"

You do realized that you posted NOTHING, right? There is literally nothing of substance in there. Anywhere.

And on top of that the link doesn't even load.

Comment

Official!

Comment

Boosh!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                    Ok, but statement on what? If you agree it's pretty vague, but you know what it's about, talk about it. If not, this thread is useless.
                    Well since the link to the story is not loading (my guess is the server is overloaded) This is all I could get from the Wylie News Facebook page.

I can tell you from what the students are saying. Mr Applewhite was arrested by Collin county sheriff's department on a warrant from Denton county (Applewhite lives in Prosper) the Sheriffs took some stuff from his classroom including his phone and laptop and that his car was towed away.

Comment

Well since the link to the story is not loading (my guess is the server is overloaded) This is all I could get from the Wylie News Facebook page.

For future reference: Having the pertinent details in before post 10 seems to help most people avoid the urge to grab their pitchforks and torches.

Comment

Ok. Copy all this, and paste it in your first post, using the edit feature. We don't all live in Wylie, so we don't know what kids I'm Wylie are saying about the Vatican's persecution of Galileo, much less that non-article. Help us understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                          For future reference: Getting the pertinent details in before post 10 seems to help most people avoid the urge to grab their pitchforks and torches.
                          I concur. I thought the details would load and they did when I did the preview. Now it seems that the link to the story is down along with the Wylie news website. Sorry, please feel free to deduct the proper amount of internet points.

Comment

Denny is a high school teacher?

god bless.
                            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                              Denny is a high school teacher?

god bless.
                              Skalaboosh!!

Comment

Working...
                              X