Holding an apartment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holding an apartment

Found an apartment I want but the one available will be in March so I can't see the exact apartment I would be getting. They only hold the apartment after signing the lease, which means I'm automatically bound to that agreement before even seeing the apartment. Anyone know if this is the norm these days?

no way in hell would I sign a lease without seeing the apt. would you buy a car without looking at it?

Comment

Originally posted by ozzeran View Post
      Found an apartment I want but the one available will be in March so I can't see the exact apartment I would be getting. They only hold the apartment after signing the lease, which means I'm automatically bound to that agreement before even seeing the apartment. Anyone know if this is the norm these days?

Last time we did that I could put my hand through 3 rotten places in the shower/bathroom. We got a lawyer and our deposit back.

Comment

Nope. I wouldn't do it. Some places do a "look and lease" and hook people like this all the time. They'll show you one similar and give you a better deal if you sign that day. Always see the exact apartment you are getting before you sign anything.

Comment

Ok well my gut feeling was to say no, but I haven't been in an apartment in years, duplex was last place.

She said well what's holding you back? I said not seeing the floorplan and the exact apartment, she was able to show me the floorplan of another tenant (different apartment), they were nice enough to oblige. Still was not the exact apartment.

Comment

Absolutely Not!! I am an assistant Manager of an apartment complex and we would never ask anyone to do that. We take a deposit, have you fill out the application and as long as you put money down then we hold the apartment. You don't sign the lease until you move in.

I would be very leery of anyone trying to do that.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions that I might be able to help with.
            sigpic

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.

Comment

do the same thing i did. tell them if you cant go see the apartment your going to be getting then your not going to sign anything. i got to see mine after getting up and starting to leave. let them know your the fucking boss not them. you pay them not the other way around.

Comment

Working...
              X