Shrinking boot leather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shrinking boot leather

I have a pair of work boots that have stretched a bit too much and I need to try to tighten them up some. I've read to get them wet and dry either on your feet or in front of a high heat source.

Getting them wet is obviously no issue but I'm not sure how to go about drying them outside of turning the oven on and setting ten on the door. I wouldn't be too worried if they were leather soled but they rubber. Any one have any input here? If I had a space heater of some sort if try that first but I don't.
    07 f250-family truckster
    08 Denali -baby hauler
    52 f1-rust bucket
    05 Jeep tj. Buggy
    livin the double-wide dream

Looking for a solution also. I have a pair of cowboy boots I love, but they have become a bit too loose.

Comment

Hair dryer.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

#redneck problems

God bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
          #redneck problems

God bless.
          Yessir
          07 f250-family truckster
          08 Denali -baby hauler
          52 f1-rust bucket
          05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

I would refrain from soaking them and drying. It will cause you issues with the leather. Start by adding an in sole. They can be had in a variety of thicknesses and can be doubled up. I use a pair in every pair of boots I own. I fitted a ton of boots when I worked at Cavender's by using an insole to take up some slack
            Originally posted by Leah
            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

What's the best way to expand leather boots? One of mine is a little too tight on the top of my foot.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                What's the best way to expand leather boots? One of mine is a little too tight on the top of my foot.
                For me, it was to wear them. I swear mine gained a full size in a year. My ostrich havent grown at all, they seem to have shrunk.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                  For me, it was to wear them. I swear mine gained a full size in a year. My ostrich havent grown at all, they seem to have shrunk.
                  Poop, I've had them over a year now, and it hasn't loosened to my likeing yet.

Comment

Might try doubling up on socks. I stretched my ostrich pair that were a little tight by getting a sun burn and my feet swelling lol.
                    07 f250-family truckster
                    08 Denali -baby hauler
                    52 f1-rust bucket
                    05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                      I would refrain from soaking them and drying. It will cause you issues with the leather. Start by adding an in sole. They can be had in a variety of thicknesses and can be doubled up. I use a pair in every pair of boots I own. I fitted a ton of boots when I worked at Cavender's by using an insole to take up some slack
                      Hmm. I may try that. They are already pretty cushy so I hope it wouldn't change that
                      07 f250-family truckster
                      08 Denali -baby hauler
                      52 f1-rust bucket
                      05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

If you are near a Cavendr's they will probably stretch them for free. If not, a boot repair shop should be able to stretch them for you.

Comment

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
                          Hmm. I may try that. They are already pretty cushy so I hope it wouldn't change that
                          It won't. What brand of boots are they? If they have a removable insole already, get a pack of odor eaters or other cheap thin insole and cut them to match the insole from the boot and put them under the factory insole. Should fix your problem and only cost a couple of dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                            It won't. What brand of boots are they? If they have a removable insole already, get a pack of odor eaters or other cheap thin insole and cut them to match the insole from the boot and put them under the factory insole. Should fix your problem and only cost a couple of dollars.
                            Twisted x
                            07 f250-family truckster
                            08 Denali -baby hauler
                            52 f1-rust bucket
                            05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
                              Twisted x
                              They should have a removable insert from the factory.

Comment

Working...
                              X