Damn! Children Commiting Suicide, WTF?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
    Remember when your grandparents and parents would leave the rifles and shotguns propped up in a corner, hung up on a rack or in that nice glass display cabinet and kids would leave them alone. Ya...good times...
    yeah, sometimes that thought goes through my head and it boggles my mind how we knew to leave them alone. I remember, vividly, going through my dad's night stand every so often looking for change as a kid and seeing a revolver in there....can't say that I ever once picked it up.

Anyhow, it's very sad and I didn't mean any disrespect to the family Rheemo but one would have to ask themselves, "what if...".

RIP to the kid

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
      yeah, sometimes that thought goes through my head and it boggles my mind how we knew to leave them alone. I remember, vividly, going through my dad's night stand every so often looking for change as a kid and seeing a revolver in there....can't say that I ever once picked it up.

Anyhow, it's very sad and I didn't mean any disrespect to the family Rheemo but one would have to ask themselves, "what if...".

RIP to the kid
      I reinforce it to my kids that IF they ever see a firearm "laying around" to leave it alone and come tell mom or dad. I'll test them with one "inert". That said, I still lock 'em up.

I hate that kids choose a death path rather than going to someone for support.
      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Terrible story, so young with his whole life ahead of him. The poor sister that found him, will mess her up for ever.

Comment

Working...
        X