Let's discuss the Lone Survivor Movie (situation) scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
    Exactly. I had no idea how I was going to react when I had to draw my CCW in the middle of N Beach St. several years ago until it happened. No one will understand until they are in that position.
    Yeah I remember you telling me about that. Fuck that shit
    Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
      Well I'm sorry to hear that.
      I'm not. It was an action that had no other recourse and one that I pay for nightly.
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Exactly. I had no idea how I was going to react when I had to draw my CCW in the middle of N Beach St. several years ago until it happened. No one will understand until they are in that position.
        Story?

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
          I'm not. It was an action that had no other recourse and one that I pay for nightly.
          Frost, why did you answer that? This kid knows nothing about what you went through or imo has any business to ask you a question like that other than to be trolling you.

I know people that have been in real war and some of the shit that they have been through is gut wrenching, no need to relive or rehash those kinds of things as I know you struggle with shit like that on a daily basis.
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
            Frost, why did you answer that? This kid knows nothing about what you went through or imo has any business to ask you a question like that other than to be trolling you.

I know people that have been in real war and some of the shit that they have been through is gut wrenching, no need to relive or rehash those kinds of things as I know you struggle with shit like that on a daily basis.
            So because I asked him a question he originally asked everyone else I'm trolling? I'm not trying to take away from Frost's service, I greatly appreciate it. I also contemplate enlisting every day. In some of his posts he comes off as a know it all when it comes to all things combat related. I simply responded how I saw fit.
            It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

So because I asked him a question he originally asked everyone else I'm trolling? I'm not trying to take away from Frost's service, I greatly appreciate it. I also contemplate enlisting every day. In some of his posts he comes off as a know it all when it comes to all things combat related. I simply responded how I saw fit.
              Quoted before my post gets edited for responding in a way you didn't like.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                Story?
                Nope. Not something I share often.

Comment

I also contemplate enlisting every day.
                  Do it. I highly recommend it. If you have the chops for the military, you will love it. I wish I had never left.

Comment

If you have any notion that you want to enlist and serve, do it. I wish I would have enlisted after college. I had a long talk with a good friend from high school who went straight into the army upon graduation. He tried to convince me to enlist and go OCS. I managed to talk myself out of going and talking to a recruiter. I wish to this day that I had done it. Now, I am too old and have had back surgery and it isn't an option.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Do it. I highly recommend it. If you have the chops for the military, you will love it. I wish I had never left.
                      Same here. I miss it every single day. When you've done that, nothing else really matters. April will be 10 years and I will finally see my remaining brothers. I'm going to get trashed so expect drunk posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                        Frost, I am glad you could do it - I could not. As a consequence I had to look two mothers in the eye and tell them their sons weren't ever coming home. Something I pay for nightly as well.

Comment

I don't see it as trolling. Some people genuinely want to know and if you question my expertise, that is absolutely fair. I'll lay it out for you. I served in the Army as a combat infantryman, I saw a very short stint in Iraq where I was shot in the head but remained in the fight for several hours. After I returned, I was medically retired and finished my bachelors in criminal justice, am within a class of a masters in psychology and am pushing through a masters in national security.

The only thing I lack that most 'experts' have is a few letters after my name.

Comment

Originally posted by S_K View Post
                            Frost, I am glad you could do it - I could not. As a consequence I had to look two mothers in the eye and tell them their sons weren't ever coming home. Something I pay for nightly as well.
                            There is no dishonor in not doing it. Never think that by not taking a life that you are responsible for the actions of those you spared. If you ever need to talk, my inbox is usually empty. If it helps, I didn't shoot anyone until AFTER I was shot.

Comment

Just watched it, wrap them up, take them with you to the peak. You had a comms team and an execution team. Leam them with the comms team, carry out your mission, kill the goats if you have to, and bring them with you or kick them down the mountain when shit calms down. Your objective was to kill one man. What I don't get is why they didn't have somebody that spoke afgan. I know it was supposed to be a secretive mission, but fuck. Take somebody that can't fight but can communicate.
                              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                                Just watched it, wrap them up, take them with you to the peak. You had a comms team and an execution team. Leam them with the comms team, carry out your mission, kill the goats if you have to, and bring them with you or kick them down the mountain when shit calms down. Your objective was to kill one man. What I don't get is why they didn't have somebody that spoke afgan. I know it was supposed to be a secretive mission, but fuck. Take somebody that can't fight but can communicate.
                                They were only confirming the target was there, not taking him out.

Comment

Working...
                                X