Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, 2014 is off to a good start...

Thank you Jesus.

Shia LaBeouf has announced he's done with social media.

After it was exposed that he plagiarized well-known graphic novelist Daniel Clowes — as well his subsequent apology — the "Transformers" star has had enough from online critics. In a string of tweets posted on Friday, he claimed that tweets and hashtags are a thing of the past.

On Dec. 16, it was revealed that LaBeouf's 12-minute short film "HowardCantour.com" starring funnyman Jim Gaffigan was largely lifted from the graphic novelist's 2007 comic book "Justin M. Damiano." When he apologized, he "borrowed" the words from a response to a Yahoo Answers question posted four years earlier — thus putting the sincerity of his apology in question. (Last year, he also plagiarized an apology to Alec Baldwin from Esquire's 2009 "How to Be a Man" issue.)

Things became even stranger after that. Not only did he hire a skywriting company to post a message over Los Angeles, which read, "I am sorry Daniel Clowes," but he started to tweet countless apologies. However, those words were also lifted from other celebrities, including Lena Dunham, Kanye West, Russell Crowe, and Eliot Spitzer.

LaBeouf was widely mocked, especially on Twitter, for his actions. Fellow celebrities even bashed him with Seth Rogen writing, "This is by far the most I've been entertained by Shia LaBeouf." And Patton Oswalt quipping, "Not easy to pull off crazy AND moronic, but you did it, Shia LaBeouf."

He even had an exchange with Dunham after she wrote, "I've always felt, utterly and unchangeably, that only sociopaths hire skywriters."

And earlier this week, LaBeouf further infuriated Clowes, who is reportedly considering suing the Hollywood star, by posting what he said was the storyboard for his next short film called "Daniel Boring." However, "Daniel Boring" is another graphic novel belonging to Clowes — and the images LaBeouf posted were lifted from it as well.

No surprise, LaBeouf was hit with a cease and desist letter from Clowes's attorney, which the star then head-scratchingly posted on Twitter.

Those were his final tweets leading up to his "retirement" announcement, which certainly seems like it's for the best. Shia and hashtags apparently don't mix.

Who is Seth Rogan?

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
      Who is Seth Rogan?

Stevo
      Curly haired dude from Pineapple Express and played in the green hornet.
      "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
        Who is Seth Rogan?

Stevo
        no white text
        hmmmm, you might be serious.

Comment

Effective trolling is effective, stevo.

Comment

Shia LeBouf's most BS since supposedly releasing that he had passed CFA Level 1 after his interest was sparked by his Wall Street role.
            Last edited by slow99; 01-10-2014, 07:53 PM.
            Originally posted by davbrucas
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
              Shia LeBouf's most BS since supposedly releasing that he had pass CFA Level 1 after his interest was sparked by his Wall Street role.
              Shit. I thought everyone has passed that test. /shrug

Comment

Is this your coming out of the closet thread? Homo!

God bless.
                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Maybe his apologies were "lifted" intentionally as a way to lighten the mood on his primary plagiarism. The sky-writing and story board following, being affirmations and further jest, to point out his comedic intentions in teh apologies.

Then all of that was twisted and misinterpreted by the controversy fueled gossip media.

You got sucked in and manipulated!

Comment

He's finally acknowledging what the rest of us already know. "I'm Shaiyer LeBeef, and I'm an enormous dildo."

Comment

I dunno guys, The Greatest Game Ever Played is still pretty awesome.

Comment

Working...
                      X