Need some help/recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help/recommendations

My brother's ex-girlfriend (his baby-momma) got into a car accident and her Jeep was totaled. She is looking for a reliable daily driver that's in good condition for $2000 since that's what insurance gave her. She can't really afford any more than that, and her insurance is kinda high because of some (more) stupid mistakes (think under-aged drinking and driving) a few years ago. Anyone got any leads or can help me out? She has a 3 year old, so it needs to be safe and be able to carry a car seat, and good gas mileage is a plus, although she's coming from a 2001 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L so it doesn't HAVE to be better mileage than that.

Forgot, she can't drive a manual, needs to be automatic. I'm browsing clist right now, but if anyone knows of anything off the top of their heads or is a better searcher than I am, that would be great.

Comment

Look for an older Explorer or Crown Vic.

Comment

My uncle just picked up a top of the line 03 expedition leather,DVD player, 3rd row seating in north side for $2000 had 83k miles and ran great.
        "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

Originally posted by Country cracker View Post
          My uncle just picked up a top of the line 03 expedition leather,DVD player, 3rd row seating in north side for $2000 had 83k miles and ran great.
          From where? That sounds like an awesome deal, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
            Look for an older Explorer or Crown Vic.
            X2 on the Crown Vic, or a Town Car/Gran Marquis. There is a reason they were used as taxis and police cars. Other than heater cores they are very reliable and easy to work on. Throw some door hinge pins in it, maybe a window regulator or two and it'll be a reliable car for 300k miles.

Comment

Not bad. lol @ low miles though.

Comment

technically, it is low miles.

it is 17 years old, driven 10k/yr it would have 170k on it. Texas tends to be more like 15k/yr and that would be 255k miles.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Shut up, DJ.

Comment

Shut up, DJ.
                    quit making stupid fucking comments, Eric.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Best daily I've had is an 00 accord lx with the f23, you can get them all day on CL for $2k.
                      Ded

Comment

Look at early 2000s saturns

Comment

Do you hate someone? That's the most unreliable POS on Craigslist. I guarantee you it's going to have head gasket problems and a torque converter failure within the next 50k miles.

Comment

Yeah, not getting that. I was looking at Accords and Civics. Some of these deals wouldn't be worth it if there was $1k of gold in the trunk...

Comment

Better get something fast. Once tax returns start coming in you aren't going to be able to find anything decent for under $4k-$5k until summer.

Comment

Working...
                              X