Ford Exec: 'We Know Everyone Who Breaks The Law' Thanks To Our GPS In Your Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
    I put off college science until the summer before graduation so I had to take the non-calculus physics course. It's just not the same without integrals and derivatives
    Derivatives make my world go round.
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
      That is odd, from what I read the lowest average accuracy is 40 meters, the normal average is around 100 meters and that an inaccuracy of 1200+ meters is regular seen in rural areas. I cannot see an error margin of .1 mph with that much inaccuracy.

Stevo

I wouldn't worry about it too much. So if somehow information gets leaked that your cell phone was traveling down the tollway at 200mph on a Saturday night.....what law did you break exactly??

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
        I wouldn't worry about it too much. So if somehow information gets leaked that your cell phone was traveling down the tollway at 200mph on a Saturday night.....what law did you break exactly??
        I am more concerned that they know where I was.

Last I checked I was a law abiding American. No one has any business knowing where I am, what speed I am traveling, who I am talking to, or what I am talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
          I am more concerned that they know where I was.

Last I checked I was a law abiding American. No one has any business knowing where I am, what speed I am traveling, who I am talking to, or what I am talking about.

I agree completely. I guess I shouldn't have said "don't worry too much", and more like "Oh, so you spent a bunch of time, money and effort figuring-out that my cell phone ran a red light. Badass. What law did I break?"

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
            I agree completely. I guess I shouldn't have said "don't worry too much", and more like "Oh, so you spent a bunch of time, money and effort figuring-out that my cell phone ran a red light. Badass. What law did I break?"
            They already spend a bunch of time, money, and effort for that same outcome with red light cameras.

Right now the gov has too much data to sort. As soon as they figure out how to break it down to make it useable, that is the point we are fucked.

The right thing to do would be to raise a stink about how ''integrated'' our lives have become before they find a way to turn what is just data soup into actionable intel.

Comment

I need to toss my phone in one of my rc planes, and see if the NSA starts wondering what I was doing at 100+mph at 500-1,000ft altitude for 7min.!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                I need to toss my phone in one of my rc planes, and see if the NSA starts wondering what I was doing at 100+mph at 500-1,000ft altitude for 7min.!!!
                Because pilots never carry their phones?

I don't think they use any triangulation for altitude/elevation, and like said above, it's not illegal for your phone to go 100+. Not enough connection to you to ticket or prosecute you...yet.
                sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                86 SVO - Sold
                '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                  You should post up on facebook that you are designing a personal rocket system first, throw up some basic designs. Wait a couple of weeks and then do this with your phone and claim you made your first test and it was a blast! I bet the FAA comes to visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                    Because pilots never carry their phones?

I don't think they use any triangulation for altitude/elevation, and like said above, it's not illegal for your phone to go 100+. Not enough connection to you to ticket or prosecute you...yet.
                    Cell signals are almost non existent above a few hundred feet, most antennae are tilted down from the tower for coverage reasons

Comment

And triangulation determines where someone is, they would need an overlay with topography to know someone's elevation without gps

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                        The MPH is based on the rate of change, it could be off by 10 miles and still see that you are moving at 65mph. A broken scale may not give you your correct weight, but you can still use it to calculate how much you've gained or lost since the last time you were on it.
                        The data the towers receive would have to be off the exact same amount at all times for it to be able to calculate the exact speed, the problem is that it changes as you move, the inaccuracy changes constantly.

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                        That looks to be 12-14 year old accuracy.
                        The oldest article I read yesterday was dated 2008

Stevo
                        Originally posted by SSMAN
                        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

There I was completely wasting, out of work and down
                          All inside it's so frustrating as I drift from town to town
                          Feel as though nobody cares if I live or die
                          So I might as well begin to put some action in my life....

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
                            There I was completely wasting, out of work and down
                            All inside it's so frustrating as I drift from town to town
                            Feel as though nobody cares if I live or die
                            So I might as well begin to put some action in my life....
                            British Steel!

god bless.
                            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                            X