Couple leaves tip that gets them arrested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple leaves tip that gets them arrested

We’ve heard of lousy tips, we’ve heard of really generous tips and we’ve heard of tips left with a special message.

But we’ve never heard of anyone trying to tip their waitress with an envelope stuffed with drugs.

Ryan Bensen, 40, and Erica Manley, 37, were arrested earlier this month for trying to tip a waitress at the Twisted Fish Steakhouse in Oregon with an envelope marked with a question mark.

Inside the envelope: Methamphetamine.

The couple paid for dinner with a gift card, according to Gawker, and the meth was their idea of a nice gratuity.

Unfortunately for them, however, the waitress was not in the mood for their unorthodox gift.

“She was like, ‘Whoa! What the?’” the restaurant’s manager told the Oregonian. “We’re not a little dive bar or hole in the wall. We’re a classy place.”

The waitress rushed to the nearest phone and called the police.

“I think the waitress was stunned and probably offended that somebody would think she was a user of a methamphetamine,” Seaside’s Police Chief told the Daily News.

The Oregon couple was arrested before they even had a chance to leave the restaurant. The police caught them with an additional 17 ounces of meth hidden in Manley’s purse.

But wait! That’s not all.

After booking the couple and obtaining a search warrant, local law enforcement officials discovered that the couple had been running a meth lab from their Holiday Inn hotel room.

“Benson was arrested on charges of possession of meth and manufacturing of meth. Manley was arrested on the same charges, plus delivery of meth. They were both booked into the Clatsop County Jail,” KPTV-TV reported.

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

How much do you guys tip, in general? What about even if you get terrible service? I mean, if someone is going to get a tip, they better have earned it, right?
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
      “She was like, ‘Whoa! What the?’”

Stevo
      Originally posted by SSMAN
      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
        How much do you guys tip, in general? What about even if you get terrible service? I mean, if someone is going to get a tip, they better have earned it, right?
        I like to lay the potential tip on the table at the beginning of the meal and take some away ever time the server does something wrong or my iced tea goes empty.

That was my all time favorite post in a tip thread. I'm just paraphrasing, since you're rainman you can probably say what month it was posted.

Comment

Who leaves a tip and then just hangs around afterward?

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
            Who leaves a tip and then just hangs around afterward?
            Meth heads
            BARBIE LOVES BULLITT991 3.17.07
            I'm a Barbie girl...In my Barbie world...
            PROUD OWNER: '04 AZURE BLUE MACH 1

Comment

Originally posted by Barbie View Post
              Meth heads
              LMAO ! Ding ding ding, we have a winner !!

Comment

Dumbasses......

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
                  I like to lay the potential tip on the table at the beginning of the meal and take some away ever time the server does something wrong or my iced tea goes empty.

That was my all time favorite post in a tip thread. I'm just paraphrasing, since you're rainman you can probably say what month it was posted.
                  That was from an episode of the 3rd rock from the sun.

Comment

Here's a thought, waitress was a mule in a drug deal. She notices surveilance and pleads the 5th on anything going on. Most drug users barely share their stash let alone give some to a complete stranger. However, we are talking about meth heads so I guess anything is possible.

Comment

When I was a teenager delivering pizzas I had this black kid stiff me(go ahead and twist that around you fucks). As I was walking away he yelled after me "Yo man, you smoke weed?" "No, not really man." "Shit man, I was about to tip you a joint!" "I'll take a joint." Went back into his house were he had this red eared turtle crawling around on his carpet, which I thought was odd. He rolled me this shitty thin joint, I took it back to the store and sold it to one of the potheads for $2. I was scared the whole drive back! lol! That was my brief stint as a drug dealer.

Comment

Damn Eric thanks for looking out
                        GOD BLESS TEXAS
                        August Landscaping
                        214-779-7278
                        Seb's high class.
                        He'll mow your grass.
                        He'll kick your ass.
                        And while his kidney stones pass,
                        He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

I'm aiming for 15%. I will tip one penny for horrible service but I've only done that once. The most I've tipped is $50. The kid did an outstanding job and I thought some of the people at my table were a bit overly demanding. Others at the table tipped as well but I think I pushed his tip over $200.

Comment

I try and tip min of 15% & if the waiter keeps my water topped off & leaves me alone & lets me eat my food & brings the check when he see's I am about to finish. Then I will leave 25%

I used to wait tables back in the day in Chicago and I wont ever wait tables again with how waiters are getting fucked. Between the 2.13 they have been paid a hour for the past 15 years & some places expect the wait staff to bust their ass cleaning the place & if you dont wait at a nice place, Then you really gonna get shitty tips and now Uncle Sam wanting to take his share from what little tips waiters do make. Its just not worth it!
                            GOD BLESS TEXAS
                            August Landscaping
                            214-779-7278
                            Seb's high class.
                            He'll mow your grass.
                            He'll kick your ass.
                            And while his kidney stones pass,
                            He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Lol. Fishing for a new tip thread? They always go 3-5 pages.
                              Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

Working...
                              X