Moving a safe question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
    If only we knew how the Egyptians did this stuff.
    Aliens.
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
      Where do you live?

God bless.
      I live out in Cooper. I have resigned myself to getting my brother and his idiot friend out to help me get it across the yard and up my ramp
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

What stevo posted. I am only 5'8" 160 and have moved 3k saves with a dolly. Go to one of the sides and lean it back 45°, place the dolly with the carpet edge flush with the edge of the ground and safe. Have someone hold the dolly and push it back vertical. Use masonite over tile and wood.

Comment

Originally posted by Snodgrass View Post
          ive helped a buddy of mine move a 800 lbs safe twice. The trick is to rent a safe dolly from a moving company
          [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J21JuD1nhcw[/ame]
          Mustangs previously owned:
          1967 Coupe V8 (My first car)
          1992 LX AOD
          1993 LX Drag Car
          1995 GTS
          1997 Cobra
          2000 Cobra R

2002 Corvette C5 A4 10.64@ 127.1
          Undercover SC Dragster 8.10's

In the garage now....
          2016 Honda Accord Touring
          2015 F-150 Silver 5.0 XLT SuperCrew, like new condition

Retired 2008 after 41 years as an EE at LTV (Garland)/TI/Raytheon. Enjoying ham radio now.

Comment

Well everything is on hold at the moment. While I'm resting I got to reading the owner's manual. According to the neat book, it should have had a set of keys and combination card in with the book. Nope. Nothing.

Call in to Cannon safes and Home Depot said they'll get me a replacement set of keys and card
            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
              If only we knew how the Egyptians did this stuff.
              slaves?

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                slaves?
                Jews.

Stevo
                Originally posted by SSMAN
                ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Lots of them!

Comment

Damn. You're a ways away from Fort Worth, but if you still need help this weekend, I can make it out there.

Comment

If the keys and card are missing, I would want a new safe not just a replacement key and card... Maybe it's the skeptic in me but that sounds shady

Comment

Then again I do not know much about safes. I just know thiefs like to go look at houses with realtors and swipe keys. Then go back after house has sold and new owners have moved in to check if the locks are the same...

Comment

Find a U-haul near you and rent a furniture dolly or two.
                          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                            I live out in Cooper. I have resigned myself to getting my brother and his idiot friend out to help me get it across the yard and up my ramp
                            If his friend reads this, he might accidently drop it on you. LOL

Be extra careful. If that thing tips over on you, it won't be pretty. I've had one sitting in the middle of my garage for about a year because I can't even budge it.

Comment

Originally posted by thomasblively View Post
                              If the keys and card are missing, I would want a new safe not just a replacement key and card... Maybe it's the skeptic in me but that sounds shady
                              one size fits all!

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                                If his friend reads this, he might accidently drop it on you. LOL

Be extra careful. If that thing tips over on you, it won't be pretty. I've had one sitting in the middle of my garage for about a year because I can't even budge it.
                                How? They are just sheet rock and steel for the most part.

Comment

Working...
                                X