C7 Z06: engine horsepower/torque leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C7 Z06: engine horsepower/torque leak

The 2015 Corvette Z06 will be upon us next week, where they'll unveil it at the Detroit Auto Show and online. The website for the reveal is already up, and the meta data has leaked that the Z06 will have 620 horsepower and 650 pound feet of torque. Nice.

620 horsepower, 650lb/ft of torque. Supercharged LT4 small block.
    Ford
    GM
    Toyota
    VAG

That is a bad bitch.

Comment

That's cute.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Nice! No Yaris, but nice.
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Also fender emblem is leaked:

C7 Z06 Discussion - C7 Z06 fender emblem leaked! - Just out. https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1497502_204214346436423_837258287_n.jpg
          Ford
          GM
          Toyota
          VAG

Comment

Sounds like the next ZR1 will have a LT5 again.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
              Sounds like the next ZR1 will have a LT5 again.
              I have a theory I've been pondering inside my head. The C7 Z06 is a HIGHLY capable car and will supplant the C6 ZR1 on the track. So, where does that leave the C7 ZR1?

I firmly believe GM is going to make it and I'd bet money it's twin turbos and will have around 700hp, maybe a touch more. 720-730 maybe. It's going to be a big halo car for GM.

So, would calling it an LT5 or LT9 really do it justice? Especially, since I think it will be a world beater type car, so GM will price accordingly at maybe $150k or more.

Nope, I think they're going to bring back the L88 name. 6.2 or 6.3L (why not?) direct injected twin turbo V8 L88. 730hp, 780lb/ft torque routed through a 7-speed dual clutch and highly advanced traction/launch control management system with huge 355 or 365 specially developed rear meats.
              Ford
              GM
              Toyota
              VAG

Comment

It's probably still cheaper than a '14 Z/28 too!

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                  It's probably still cheaper than a '14 Z/28 too!
                  My edumacated guesstimate is base price will be around $78k. That will be a "base" C7 Z06. Fancy interior options, carbon ceramic brakes, etc. will push the price to $90-100k OTD.
                  Ford
                  GM
                  Toyota
                  VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                    Nope, I think they're going to bring back the L88 name. 6.2 or 6.3L (why not?) direct injected twin turbo V8 L88. 730hp, 780lb/ft torque routed through a 7-speed dual clutch and highly advanced traction/launch control management system with huge 355 or 365 specially developed rear meats.
                    Jesus, that's like 7 Yarii.

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                    My edumacated guesstimate is base price will be around $78k. That will be a "base" C7 Z06. Fancy interior options, carbon ceramic brakes, etc. will push the price to $90-100k OTD.
                    So is that.
                    Originally posted by davbrucas
                    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Lol @ yarii!

Comment

I just put in for more overtime on the railroad
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

No overtime needed here. I'll sell two of my cow skin Yarii and pay straight cash for mine. Might even have enough left over for some Mi Dia from scratch!

Comment

I saw that exact car (color) at the Mav's game tonight.

Comment

So, it has less horsepower than the GT500? That's adorable..

Comment

Working...
                              X