No electrity since 6:30 this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
    The more power plants that are shut down due to overwhelming regs, the more this will happen. Better get used to it, this Admin. has a war on coal.
    Over 70% of the electricity in Texas is generated from Natural Gas.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
      Over 70% of the electricity in Texas is generated from Natural Gas.
      Co-Gen, or straight up? I actually find that hard to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
        I always look at a few but can't justify one. I've been without power once in my life that it was long enough to matter.
        Was looking at some the other day about 2500 installed for a 7k backup running on natural gas, runs 1hr every week to save energy and "pay for itself"

Only big negative I saw was it is loud as fuck 68db at idle

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
          Co-Gen, or straight up? I actually find that hard to believe.
          It's been a while since I looked, seems it's more like 50% now:

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
            I always thought that people would buy a generator if the power went out a couple of times a year. Talking to a coworker he said that he doesn't have the money now since he bought jetskis this past summer. Priorities.
            Ordered this one today for my Dads place, he wants to be able to run at least one AC and the 3hp water well along with everything else in the house. We will install it at the well house which isn't close to the house so noise isn't an issue.

Home Standby Generators—RV Generators—Commercial Backup—Portable Generators—Commercial Mobile—Light Towers—Power Equipment—Backup Generators

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
              Ordered this one today for my Dads place, he wants to be able to run at least one AC and the 3hp water well along with everything else in the house. We will install it at the well house which isn't close to the house so noise isn't an issue.

http://www.norwall.com/products/Gene...-ATS-6244.html
              Goddamn that's as much as a foxbody
              2012 GT500

Comment

http://www.eia.gov/state/?sid=TX#tabs-4
                Easier to believe than 70%, especially seeing the goal cars go thru Saginaw almost daily.

Can he easily disconnect from the "grid"? The main breaker will do it on newer houses, but a bigger pain on old stuff.
                sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                86 SVO - Sold
                '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

http://www.eia.gov/state/?sid=TX#tabs-4
                  It only leads it by 6k gw, and it still doesn't say if those are Co-Gen plants, which I have a feeling the majority if not all of them are. Still pretty good though. I like Natural Gas obviously, that's my bread and butter.

Comment

Dahm that's one of the big ones. You can run 2 houses with that almost.

I was looking at the 7-10kw ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post

Can he easily disconnect from the "grid"? The main breaker will do it on newer houses, but a bigger pain on old stuff.
                      His house has a main breaker, that one has a smart switch to do it all automatically when the power goes out. With him being an electrician it shouldn't be problem getting it all sorted out.

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
                      Dahm that's one of the big ones. You can run 2 houses with that almost.

I was looking at the 7-10kw ones.
                      He is currently using his miller welder which is a 10kw and it won't even start the 3 1/2 ton AC, he also has a 5 ton AC, that one should run the 5 ton and the rest of the house.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                        On the plus side, they're building a new power plant in my area.

Dah!!! Get a good book! Slacker!
                        I have one, just helps to have a light to read by, lol

Comment

If someone is without power, I have a generator someone can borrow for a bit. I picked it up when the power went out and no one should have to handle these temps without power
                          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Perfect camping opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                            X