No announcement yet.

No electrity since 6:30 this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have power and an extra bedroom Barry in Sanger.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

I always thought that people would buy a generator if the power went out a couple of times a year. Talking to a coworker he said that he doesn't have the money now since he bought jetskis this past summer. Priorities.

Comment

It is 18 degrees outside at the moment, I'd hate to be without power.

Stevo
        Originally posted by SSMAN
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by kobuzz View Post
          We went 2 1/2 days without power a few weeks back while the people across the street had power. Fucking frustrating as hell to say the least. Sorry your dealing with the cold Barry.
          2.5 Days would be tough. It was nice to know my teenage son drained the batteries on every tablet and laptop in the house. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
            I wonder how the Co-op in Denton is affected. I didn't have any issues but I have a propane heater ready if needed.
            Got the propane yesterday during lunch. But did not want to chance sleeping with it on. Electricity came on around 11:30 last night, so all is good.

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
              We have power and an extra bedroom Barry in Sanger.

Very kind of you to offer man. You are a solid friend.

Comment

dang man! glad its back on bro.

god bless.
                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Why the rolling blackouts? How does electricity demand on the coldest days in winter compare to the hottest days of summer, or is there simply less electricity produced during the winter?

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                    Why the rolling blackouts? How does electricity demand on the coldest days in winter compare to the hottest days of summer, or is there simply less electricity produced during the winter?
                    Takes more electricity to run heater than AC. At least according to my electric bill it does.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                      dang man! glad its back on bro.

god bless.
                      Thanks Paul, the boredom is the worst part. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                        The more power plants that are shut down due to overwhelming regs, the more this will happen. Better get used to it, this Admin. has a war on coal.
                        On the plus side, they're building a new power plant in my area.

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
                        Takes more electricity to run heater than AC. At least according to my electric bill it does.
                        Resistive heating for the lose!

Thanks Paul, the boredom is the worst part. Lol
                        Dah!!! Get a good book! Slacker!
                        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Makes sense. My heater is gas so I see cheaper bills in the winter comapared to summer.

Comment

We have a high efficiency heat pump. Backup heat hasn't kicked in this year yet.

2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                              On top of the strain from the cold temperatures, there was two power plants in north Texas that were down.

Stevo
                              Originally posted by SSMAN
                              ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
                                I always thought that people would buy a generator if the power went out a couple of times a year. Talking to a coworker he said that he doesn't have the money now since he bought jetskis this past summer. Priorities.
                                I always look at a few but can't justify one. I've been without power once in my life that it was long enough to matter.
                                07 f250-family truckster
                                08 Denali -baby hauler
                                52 f1-rust bucket
                                05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                                livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Working...
                                X