• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '14 Z/28 Pricing announced. LOL

By Viknesh Vijayenthiran
    Published January 06, 2014
    High Gear Media

The all-new 2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 has been priced at $75,000, including a $995 destination charge and gas guzzler tax, making it one of the most expensive cars ever offered by the bowtie brand. The asking price is certainly quite the leap over the more powerful Camaro ZL1’s $55k sticker, but the Camaro Z/28 comes fully equipped and features some of the best performance items money can buy.

The car has just one option: a $1,150 comfort package that adds air conditioning and a six-speaker sound system (the stock Camaro Z/28 has a single speaker). Those niceties were removed on the standard car to help save weight. Also gone is the tire-inflator kit (except for Rhode Island and New Hampshire because of legal reasons), sound deadening and high-intensity discharge lamps.

WATCH: Hennessey Chevrolet SS Hits 163 MPH On Texas Toll Road: Video

The key stats of the Camaro Z/28 are a 505-horsepower 7.0-liter LS7 V-8, a Tremec six-speed manual transmission, a limited-slip differential with a helical gear set, carbon ceramic brakes, Pirelli P Zero Trofeo R tires wrapped around forged 19-inch alloys, Recaro seats and a 300-pound weight advantage over the 4,120-pound ZL1.

The Camaro Z/28 is also one of the first production cars fitted with race-proven, spool-valve dampers, which allow four-way damping control, enabling engineers to precisely tune both bump and rebound settings for high-speed and low-speed wheel motions. Additional chassis changes include stiffer spring and bushing rates for improved cornering response.

Extensive testing was done at Germany’s Nürburgring, where the car posted a lap time of 7:37.47 in the rain. Despite the wet surface, it still beat the times of cars like the Type 991 Porsche 911 Carrera S and Audi R8 V10.

Sales commence this month, with the first deliveries due in the spring. The very first example, the car bearing VIN #0001, will be auctioned off to the highest bidder at a Barrett Jackson auction taking place in Scottsdale, Arizona on January 18.

For more on the car, check out our extensive first ride report.

I think I'd rather just buy a used z06.

Comment

Or a new one. You can get $20k+ discounts on new Z06's with the carbon ceramic brakes and mag suspension if you look hard enough.
      Ford
      GM
      Toyota
      VAG

Comment

My roommate Chris told me about this. Yeah fuck that!
        GOD BLESS TEXAS
        August Landscaping
        214-779-7278
        Seb's high class.
        He'll mow your grass.
        He'll kick your ass.
        And while his kidney stones pass,
        He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
          My roommate Chris told me about this. Yeah fuck that!
          You aren't shacked up with Adrian?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
            I think I'd rather just buy a used z06.
            Word. I'm seeing 2011 and 2012 models for ~ $60k ... 2009s with low miles for about $50k.
            Originally posted by davbrucas
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
              You aren't shacked up with Adrian?
              We are together! Just not living together.But complicated, Stay single! Less Drama, Got to love Ex husbands who are on city council with connections
              GOD BLESS TEXAS
              August Landscaping
              214-779-7278
              Seb's high class.
              He'll mow your grass.
              He'll kick your ass.
              He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                Word. I'm seeing 2011 and 2012 models for ~ $60k ... 2009s with low miles for about $50k.
                Getting more attractive!

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
                  We are together! Just not living together.But complicated, Stay single! Less Drama, Got to love Ex husbands who are on city council with connections
                  You're getting played if that's the story she's been telling you. Unless you dont care she's still got it for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                    You're getting played if that's the story she's been telling you. Unless you dont care she's still got it for him.
                    Clearly, he's a man of power.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                      Shit! Dude is cool in person, Just snake behind your back! But not the case
                      GOD BLESS TEXAS
                      August Landscaping
                      214-779-7278
                      Seb's high class.
                      He'll mow your grass.
                      He'll kick your ass.
                      He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Why not just buy a new mustang? Cheaper, lighter, faster, and look a hell of a lot better. I'm not a mustang leg humper or even brand loyal but those camaros are ugly as shit.
                        "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

Originally posted by Country cracker View Post
                          Why not just buy a new mustang? Cheaper, lighter, faster, and look a hell of a lot better. I'm not a mustang leg humper or even brand loyal but those camaros are ugly as shit.
                          x2
                          GOD BLESS TEXAS
                          August Landscaping
                          214-779-7278
                          Seb's high class.
                          He'll mow your grass.
                          He'll kick your ass.
                          He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

It was never going to be a high-volume model, but this all but guarantees you won't see one on the street. How ridiculous. A price of upper 40s to mid 50s would get these cars into people's hands. Anyone with $75k to blow on a toy is going to be buying a Z06, or a used ZR1/GT-R. c'mon....
                            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                              Clearly, he's a man of power.
                              What kind of Power?

Comment

Working...
                              X