Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone normally service their O2 sensors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I waited until the light came on in my truck before I changed them out. 2000 year model with under 120k miles on it

Problem is now that I've changed them and the reset the codes for the computer and the CEL is still on for bad O2s and it's about time for an inspection
    --Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
      Props on the upselling, Laser. That's how the mechanic game is done.
      This air filter looks really bad, too. Come back and I'll show you.
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

My truck has 4. Priced at 100 each and that's if I install them i think I'll wait for a CEL. My 2000 Camry had a bad sensor and never affected gas mileage. The car just goes into a preprogrammed fuel schedule. I finally replaced it because lights on my dash piss me off lol. That little bastard was 200 bucks from vatozone.
        Last edited by 2011GT; 01-03-2014, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Mine are cheap 03 s10 I have a front and rear. Went to replace the front and I can't get a wrench on it to break it loose due to its location on the back of the manifold. I currently have a p0420 code for catalyst lean bank 1. Not sure if that is before or afte the catalytic converter (which I don't have). It is a 4 cylinder and currently get 23-25mpg
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
            Mine are cheap 03 s10 I have a front and rear. Went to replace the front and I can't get a wrench on it to break it loose due to its location on the back of the manifold. I currently have a p0420 code for catalyst lean bank 1. Not sure if that is before or afte the catalytic converter (which I don't have). It is a 4 cylinder and currently get 23-25mpg
            P0420 is the downstream, post catalyst sensor. I'd get a scanner with live data and see if it's cycling at all. Cats go bad.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
              P0420 is the downstream, post catalyst sensor. I'd get a scanner with live data and see if it's cycling at all. Cats go bad.
              His post says he doesn't have a cat

Comment

Shame on those who think this guy is trying to squeeze extra cash out of people. He has continiously exerted a very high level of integrity that's not all that common in the auto mechanic world.

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                  You got me there, dammit.

Stop breaking the law and get a cat you criminal.

Comment

Pfft, I change cars.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                      Correct. A stuck injector burned two of them in 6 months and at $250 each time I said screw it. I used a spark plug non fouler to pull the rear O2 out of the exhaust stream.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                        I still deal with shops that install 150k used engines and don't bother replacing the timing belts and water pumps though. You might as well go ahead and order two since it's probably going to break.
                        Not me, I'm paranoid that the timing belt is going to break, plus it's way easier to change that crap when it's out of the car. I cracked open the cover on this frontier to find a brand new timing belt, fuck yeah!

They put that thing in a hell of a spot didn't they? You practically have to pull the manifold to get at it.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post

They put that thing in a hell of a spot didn't they? You practically have to pull the manifold to get at it.
                          Damn right they did! I can get an open end wrench on it, however, I can't get any leverage on it from the top or the bottom. Lot of S-10 guys say they break the top of it off and use a socket whench with a short socket on it to have room to break it free. My fear is not being able to get it off after destroying it. To pull the manifold you have to pull the A/C compressor.

Comment

Damn right they did! I can get an open end wrench on it, however, I can't get any leverage on it from the top or the bottom. Lot of S-10 guys say they break the top of it off and use a socket whench with a short socket on it to have room to break it free. My fear is not being able to get it off after destroying it. To pull the manifold you have to pull the A/C compressor.
                            The problem with breaking an O2 sensor is that you don't know how tight it is. If it's as tight as the frontier that I am working on, you wont get it off without a breaker bar.

A/C compressor isn't that big a deal on that truck, just a few bolts and you can leave the lines hooked up. Most everything on that truck is a bastard to get at, I had to deal with this on a 98 Sonoma.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                              The problem with breaking an O2 sensor is that you don't know how tight it is. If it's as tight as the frontier that I am working on, you wont get it off without a breaker bar.

A/C compressor isn't that big a deal on that truck, just a few bolts and you can leave the lines hooked up. Most everything on that truck is a bastard to get at, I had to deal with this on a 98 Sonoma.

Damn that sucks! The only major issue I have right now is an oil leak. Little power steering problem rearing its head every once in a while. 180k miles and its doing alright. I should probably get the timing chain and tensioner replaced soon as well.

I alnost traded it in a couple weeks ago, but decided to take care of a few issues and keep driving it. The only one that nags at me regularly is the oil leak

Comment

Working...
                              X