atm card hacked after Carnival Criuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by momo View Post
    agreed. most credit cards have much better protections too.
    If you are scared of putting your debit or credit card out there, wouldn't it make sense to go put x amount on one of the Walmart Visa cards and just use that? It can only be used for that amount and any other charges will be refused.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
      If you are scared of putting your debit or credit card out there, wouldn't it make sense to go put x amount on one of the Walmart Visa cards and just use that? It can only be used for that amount and any other charges will be refused.
      Yes that would work but I'm less worried about the info, more interested in the convenience part. I think most good credit cards will take care of issues and keep the customer from having to deal with things like inability to access funds.

For instance on a fraudulent transaction, I know with my credit card I can just click the charge and dispute it right there or call in. This happened to me once on my chase platinum cc (now chase freedom). Chase took the charges off immediately (two charges of around $1200 each). They gave me an option of overnight replacement if I needed to use the card.

Also, I ordered an iPhone 5 once. It was supposed to be delivered on release day. It was not. Called UPS, they said I could pick it up. Drive there and come to find out they couldn't find it. After a few days, I called Apple. They said they couldn't do anything until UPS lists it as lost/stolen before they could credit me money. UPS said the recipient initiate a lost package inquiry.
      After about 2 weeks of pinball, I called chase. They said i was eligible to do a charge back as a product I ordered using their card was not delivered in the promised time, nor was a proper solution offered.

I'm sure there are protections on a debit card but if it might not be the same level of service. That means on that fraudulent transaction ~$2500 of my cash in my checking account could potentially be tied up until it is resolved. Then for the iphone thing, I doubt my debit card would have been able to do a charge back for that and i would be left dealing with UPS/Apple.
      www.hppmotorsports.com
      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Working...
      X