I am still astounded what people throw away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talisman View Post
    Wow, someone threw away a brand new Mini? You sure they weren't just parked on the street?

Seriously, how fucking hard is it for you to write a sentence that makes any fucking sense? Do you talk this way too? Are you drunk all the time, or have a disability? Just what the fuck is wrong with you, son?
    Mofo needs to find a speak & spell.

Comment

When whiteboy can't understand his native tongue, you know you suck.

God bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        Wow, someone threw away a brand new Mini? You sure they weren't just parked on the street?

Seriously, how fucking hard is it for you to write a sentence that makes any fucking sense? Do you talk this way too? Are you drunk all the time, or have a disability? Just what the fuck is wrong with you, son?
        A few of the voice programs on older cell phones post like that when using them. I have a friend whose older phone separated every word with a period, missed words and would not punctuate correctly. It wasn't the way he talked, it was his phone.

Stevo
        Originally posted by SSMAN
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
          I am not the least bit ashamed to pick up something someone is throwing out if its worth it. I just picked up a 21 gallon upright air compressor someone was throwing away. Brought it home, plugged it in, and seems to be working perfectly. Its just a HF compressor and I think the slow fill time may be why they tossed it, but still.

Over the years I have picked up countless bicycles nearly new and just had flats or minor repairs, lawnmowers, 2 pressure washers, weedeaters (2 were Echos) a shop fan, shelving, lighting, and many other things that were in good condition or needed a very minor repair. I have sold quite a few items as well. Three times I happened to be in the right place at the right time to help clean out estates where there were lots of tools and other goodies.

I know I am not alone. What is your best haul?
          I would love it if you could post a picture of your garage/storage area.
          Wanna see my care face???

Comment

My old company bought a printing company, then moved the employees and a few assets to our building. Everything left at the old print company location was free for the taking, and I was the only one that showed up. My dad and I hauled all kinds of stuff out of there - shelving, first aid kits, office furniture, fire extinguishers, fluorescent lights, a lot of network equipment (still have some 10/100 switches if anyone's interested!) and a lot of tools.

We left behind a ton of stuff. There was a cool old steel and cast iron printing press dating back to the 19th century. All of its typesetting equipment was there too. Had to leave it behind as it was about the size of a bedroom!

My friend Dave gets all kinds of free shit. He got a four wheeler in trade for wiring up headlights on a sand rail. My aunt gave him a set of '60s NOS Goodyear Polyglas GT tires for helping clean out her garage. He has a '53 Nash Ambassador sedan in his backyard that someone gave him. I've helped him haul home all kinds of patio furniture and spas. The dude just doesn't know how to say no.
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

hoarders

Comment

Working...
              X