Start the New Year off with a new water heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start the New Year off with a new water heater

I'm in the garage at the house, moving all the clutter around, and just happen to catch a glimpse of the pan under the water heater. About a 1/4" full of water, lower tank area seeping.

This is how stupid about house repairs I am, I've noticed this pvc pipe on the outside wall has been dripping water for a few months. Guess where that pvc pipe goes to !!!!! The water heater drip pan....

So at 6:15 last night, I'm at Sears picking up the water heater for the install today.

Not that difficult, just heavy as hell.
    sigpic
    "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
    through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
    We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
    my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

Just be glad it finally got your attention before it really caused issues! When I bought my house in Fort Worth back in 2004. My mom was flying down here with me to get started on some of the work. While we were on te way to the airport in Lubbock they called her that water was running out the front door of her house. My dad was at work at the time. They got the front door open and there was standing water everywhere in the house. It had been running long enough that the carpet had come loose from the floor and was floating in the rooms. Ended up having to replace everything and cut out all the drywall up about 5 inches. Had to leave it that way for a couple of months to make sure everything dried out.

The water inlet pipe above the water heater broke and it just flooded everything!

Comment

That reminds me its time to drain mine.
      "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

Originally posted by Country cracker View Post
        That reminds me its time to drain mine.
        How often should it be drained?

Comment

Just two years ago it happened to me. Woke up thinking "why do I hear water running?" and go to the kitchen to see 1" of water flooding it. Happy New Year!!
          Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
            How often should it be drained?
            When you start seeing sediment in your hot water. Fill up a glass with hot water if you see a lot of little stuff swirling around in it or its white in color it's time to drain it.
            "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

lol
              Vortex rear stand $75
              8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
              My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
              but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
              11 4 door
              13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Country cracker View Post
                When you start seeing sediment in your hot water. Fill up a glass with hot water if you see a lot of little stuff swirling around in it or its white in color it's time to drain it.

well guess its time.to drain mine. was also told its almost time.to replace it.

Comment

Went and did some clean up at the rental earlier last week. Had turned the water back on for a bit and when I went to put the paint cans back beside the water heater I had water puddled around mine as well.

Just picked up the replacement a bit ago and will be knocking it out in the morning. One thing after another I tell ya.

Comment

Working...
                  X