2014 Silverado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Silverado

Anyone own a 2014 Silverado with the new 5.3? If so please share your thoughts on it. Been thinking of picking up a RCSB to use as my daily driver. Possibly make a nice street truck out of it.

Very nice trucks, excellent fuel mileage. Interior is the best to date, motors make about the same amount of power as the older models.
    Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

2014 Silverado

I've been looking at the 2014 a lot lately and the info I found shows the 2013 5.3 was rated at 315/335. And the 2014 is rated at 355/383

I'm thinking about getting a crew cab so I rented one this week. But I ended up getting a v6 2013. I don't plan to buy for at least a few months so I'll end up trying to rent a 5.3 2014 in a few months

According to Chevrolet, the 4.3-liter V6 is rated to generate 285 horsepower at 5,300 rpm and 305 lb-ft of torque at 3,900 rpm, giving it a maximum towing rating of 7,200 pounds. Buyers who upgrade to the 5.3-liter V8 will receive an engine capable of producing 355 hp at 5,600 rpm and 383 lb-ft of torque at 4,100 rpm, with a tow rating up to 11,500 pounds with the Max Towing Package. Chevrolet has not finalized details about the upcoming 6.2-liter V8 engine, which is optional for the Silverado Double Cab and Silverado Crew Cab, but the automaker is estimating it will make 420 hp and 450 lb-ft of torque and provide up to 12,000 pounds of towing capacity.

The only engine for which the automaker has published unofficial fuel economy estimates is the 5.3-liter V8. According to Chevrolet, this engine will return 16 miles per gallon in the city, regardless of drivetrain. With 2-wheel drive, highway mileage is expected to measure 23 mpg. With 4-wheel drive, highway mileage drops to 22 mpg.

Compare these estimates with official EPA fuel economy ratings for the outgoing 5.3-liter V8 with Active Fuel Management. In its most fuel-efficient form, installed in the Silverado XFE Crew Cab with 2-wheel drive, the old engine mustered 15 mpg city/22 mpg hwy. In other Silverado models, the range was from 15 to 21 mpg, regardless of drivetrain.

Clearly, the 2014 Chevy Silverado has an advantage in fuel economy. And when comparing the old 4.3-liter V6 (195 hp/260 lb-ft), 5.3-liter V8 (315 hp/335 lb-ft) and 6.2-liter V8 (403 hp/417 lb-ft) to the new replacement engines, the redesigned truck has a significant horsepower and torque advantage -- one that increases towing capacity for 2014.
      1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

I think the '14 GMC Sierra's look waaaaayyyyyyyy better.

Comment

test drove a chevy and gmc both single cab short bed 2 wheel 5.3 with 342. i wasn't that impressed with it. it was nice and drove well but nothing was really exciting to me. i have had a lot of trucks in the past in this style, loaded big v8 scsb. got great mpg. on both of them i reset the computer and did a 10-12 minute drive hwy and city with 4-5 full throttle runs. still got 19 mpg. seats are hard imo but good seating position. i like the steering wheel and gauges. the radio is only the small display in the single cab. it looks silly. just a few observations.

Comment

They are great trucks. Planning on a '15 6.2 Sierra Denali in about a year when I get rid of the V.
            Ford
            GM
            Toyota
            VAG

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
              This! I hate the silverados the wheel openings are WAY too square for my taste. It just doesn't look right, granted the sierra isn't much better in thi regard.
              Originally posted by Leah
              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
                This, the ecoboost is a tad faster stock for stock. Overall i like them better than the fords.
                ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

My brother bought one. Good gas milage. But doggy on performance. Lowest hp rating of all tbe full size trucks.. I would lean towards a Ford and I am a chevy guy. Only thing chevy has going for it is remote start

Comment

I think with bolt on's, full exhaust, gears & a tune would make a big difference in the truck. I have always liked the looks of lowered chevy/gmc RCSB trucks since I was young. Can't say the same about Fords.

Comment

I love the new style GMC! Im really thinking about selling my 04 GMC & putting down 15k on the 6.2 GMC. Wanting the Pearl White with the 22inch Chrome GMC Rims and I love the interior on them as well. Just hate to work it! But its going to be the work truck
                      GOD BLESS TEXAS
                      August Landscaping
                      214-779-7278
                      Seb's high class.
                      He'll mow your grass.
                      He'll kick your ass.
                      And while his kidney stones pass,
                      He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike69 View Post
                        Anyone own a 2014 Silverado with the new 5.3? If so please share your thoughts on it. Been thinking of picking up a RCSB to use as my daily driver. Possibly make a nice street truck out of it.
                        Not a Silverado, but I bought a 2014 Sierra a couple weeks ago. I opted for the 5.3 due to my employers fuel reimbursement, but the 6.2 would freaking get it. I love it so far, most refined GM vehicle +I've been in. I'm getting 20.9 mpg currently on the highway, 17.0 city. Only thing I hate is the three types of lights up front are all different colors. I'm currently trying to get an hid kit so they all match.

Oh and these are responding well to tunes so far, just not sure I want to go that route yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike69 View Post
                          I think with bolt on's, full exhaust, gears & a tune would make a big difference in the truck. I have always liked the looks of lowered chevy/gmc RCSB trucks since I was young. Can't say the same about Fords.
                          I'm waiting to hear back from green Bullitt in regard to swapping my gears to 3.73s or 4.10s. Not many full exhaust systems out yet. I'm starting budget exhaust first by nixing the dummy 3rd cat, eliminating the muffler and resonator. Buddy just did this and these new cabins are so well built you can still barely hear the exhaust inside.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
                            My brother bought one. Good gas milage. But doggy on performance. Lowest hp rating of all tbe full size trucks.. I would lean towards a Ford and I am a chevy guy. Only thing chevy has going for it is remote start
                            The stock hp from the new 5.3 is a little disappointing considering it has more displacement and DI vs the Ford 5.0, but they are going to be a beast with mods just like the older GM LS engines.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
                              Agreed, but the ford has remote start too...
                              07 GT500
                              05 SRT10
                              88 turbocoupe T-bird
                              93 Cobra
                              86 coupe
                              Ducati 848

Comment

Working...
                              X