Apartment rent increase "too much"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
    always thought fha was the worst type of loan to get?
    They have that reputation, but it really depends on your situation. In my opinion they have the most forgiving guidelines so if you do not qualify on a conventional loan that may be the only way you can get a house. They are also one of the few loan types that is assumable. That means if you sell your house in a few years the buyer can take over that 3.XX rate (if someone can write a check for your equity). Talk to your servicer if you have questions about that, they're all different.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Fiux View Post
      Lol at bitching at $100 rent increase...
      BNSF or UP?
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
        Jesus...that's terrifying. It never felt like we truly recovered from the last bubble, I can see this one being worse just because we aren't at full strength.
        The next bubble pop won't inflate so easily I imagine.

My brothers home outside of Nashville Tn was purchased as a foreclosure in 2010. They were renting the house when it was foreclosed on and decided to buy it. It is back up to a point to where he actually couldn't afford to buy it in todays market and todays interest rate.

Americanhomes4rent purchased 300+ nicer homes here last year, a lot renting for over $2k.

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
          my apt did this shit to me which forced me to move.

i used to like my old apartment. was in a nice area of west plano, had fios internet available and attached garage. cool neighbors, never an issue with lack of parking. i was there for 3 years and the rent went up only $25 since i moved in at $625, no big deal.

but at the end of the 3rd year i was up for renewal in 3 months. my rent was going up from 650 to 750. a bit annoying but i would have paid.

well, meanwhile my neighbor was moving out (he was at $725 and was to be increased to $750 i think).

after he moved out, they came in, swapped to wood floors and upgraded the appliances.

so a new girl moves in. turns out she was at $550!

i was ticked, no longer willing to renew with any increase. went and talked with the fat cunt of an apt manager who was useless and ultimately after a sit down meeting with her i belittled her and made her admit she does jack shit, just does what the computer tells her to.

their apt software thinks it's a good idea to cycle new tenants in & out. it's clearly much more profitable to encourage my neighbor paying $725, spend $2-3000 to upgrade the place while losing a month of rent then ultimately rent that shit out for $550. brilliant.
          The complex that hosed me on my burglary got an earful in several ways. BERNIE MOSFET (who was my roommate) delivered our notice to vacate since I refused to talk to the manager after the shenanigans her and the management company's shyster fuck face of an attorney pulled to avoid paying. I got back slowly in my own way: I was instrumental in getting at least 4 tenants to move out, talked another 4 tenants into not moving in and of course left myself. I figured 9-10 unit rents that pay on time, don't cause issues and have good credit @ ~$1,000 a month cost them enough to satisfy me.
          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
          dont downshift!!
          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
            The complex that hosed me on my burglary got an earful in several ways. BERNIE MOSFET (who was my roommate) delivered our notice to vacate since I refused to talk to the manager after the shenanigans her and the management company's shyster fuck face of an attorney pulled to avoid paying. I got back slowly in my own way: I was instrumental in getting at least 4 tenants to move out, talked another 4 tenants into not moving in and of course left myself. I figured 9-10 unit rents that pay on time, don't cause issues and have good credit @ ~$1,000 a month cost them enough to satisfy me.
            what happened with your burglary? never heard.

yea i think a group of us that all hung out (about 12 apartments worth) who would drink grill and watch games all moved out within 4 months time. we all had the same treatment.

also, i threw up her name on a dallas backpage personal for a bit cause im a petty asshole.
            www.hppmotorsports.com
            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

what happened with your burglary? never heard.

yea i think a group of us that all hung out (about 12 apartments worth) who would drink grill and watch games all moved out within 4 months time. we all had the same treatment.

also, i threw up her name on a dallas backpage personal for a bit cause im a petty asshole.
              I put it up in another thread, but here's the jist:

Garage remote stopped working. Told the complex and they put in a new battery. Still wouldn't work. Tried reprogramming, still no dice. They disabled the key operated opener, found out it was bad anyway. Said they would be looking into ordering a new remote. My garage door decided to take on a mind of it's own and opened itself up numerous times. I presume another opener worked on it. Told the complex. Their solution was to disable the motor. They said a few weeks later that they were going to test the new remote. No good. Now they have to order an entire garage door motor/opener. I'm a bit pissed, it's been inoperable for 6 weeks at this point.

A month later (yes this has been going on for damn near 2 1/2 months for a fucking garage door opener), I notice that the door can be pulled up from the OUTSIDE without needing to disable the manual pull chain. I tell the asst. manager and then maintenance assures me that there's a stop attached to the track and that they will check to make sure it's adjusted to "prevent" this. I am robbed several days later, I call the police and they make a report. The door can be opened from the outside at least 10", dirt and leaves are streaked under the door and into the garage just as if someone slid under the door. Officer notes this. Thief took roughly $14,000 worth of Snap-On and Matco tools from my roll cart and tool box. The thief ignored several $$$ Snap-On tools that were in plain sight: my suspicions go through the roof (along with my anger) since a lot of easy-to-grab shit was left untouched.

I call the apartment and go to the office and talk to the asst. manager I spoke with the previous week. I tell him "remember the door I said could still be opened?" "...yes...", he says. "Well I was robbed, the Bedford police are dusting my garage." "Oh shit." The very next day, my garage door motor is replaced.

Management contacts me, I explain what happened and provide them the report number. I explain that the door was left unsecured and it was reported and noted by the officer, in addition to the painfully obvious drag marks under the door where the burglar let himself in. They inform me that I need to call my insurance (which we do) who denies the claim since the tools were in an unlocked garage I have an attorney draft up a letter telling them they need to contact him regarding the matter. They respond by basically saying that there was a stop installed on the door during this 3 month long fucking repair, tough shit on the theft boss. I reply that the door could be opened from the outside and the officer even wrote it up... their attorney tells me they installed the stop, I am a liar, and if the door could be opened "during the time of the theft occurring" to "prove it". Kinda funny how my door was repaired within 24 hours after 3 months of foot-dragging. Fucking cock suckers.

Personally I am about 95% sure it was an inside job. Several others got burglarized the same night and specific things were stolen from them as well, things that only someone who had access to the garages would know existed. A couple maintenance guys were gone within a month of all this happening. Oh well. Fuck apartments. I learned my lesson with those soulless vampires.
              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
              dont downshift!!

Comment

damn that sucks bad. i think i would go for vigilante justice.

who was your rental insurance company btw?
                www.hppmotorsports.com
                ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

damn that sucks bad. i think i would go for vigilante justice.

who was your rental insurance company btw?
                  I don't recall.
                  dont downshift!!

Comment

I don't see why you didn't continue to pursue it, Don. I would have at least spent the $150 to take them to small claims.

Comment

Working...
                    X