For the married couples...a question for the men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
    At what point in y'alls relationship did you realize she was the one? How long before you decided to pop the question?
    When I found out her family was looooooaded! (in my best Ron White voice)

Comment

Girlfriend and I had been dating about 7-8 months when she told me she was pregnant. My proposal was, "well, you want to get married or what ?!"....and that was over 12 years ago. Lol.

Comment

I only "knew" after we lived together for a year. That was probably after 2 years of being together. We got engaged after 3.5 years and married at 4.5. No sense in rushing anything.

Comment

Dated 2 years married 4 years now. Had a kid (unplanned) 11 months ago. We are on the rocks right now and have been for two years. I doubt we will be married a year from now.

So good luck! Some can some can't. I obviously can't...

Comment

Living overseas and had been dating (and knowing each other) about 5 months. I figured we would get married about a week after I met her; she was attractive AND intelligent and it did not take long to fall for her . We were planning a vacation together anyways and I realized she put up with me, seemed to like me, was an awesome cook, and wanted to see me naked. My proposal was "so you want to get married on vacation?" She thought I was joking for about 4 hours. 5 years later, moving to the US, visa headaches, a kid, and still going strong. Like another said, if you can live together and get along most of the time and enjoy each other, your marriage is better than most. I do not subscribe to "the one" theory either, if it matters.
            I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Is she worth half your shit and alimony? Why does any dude want to get married? I got married after 8 years and 2 kids just so the old hag would stfu about it.
              "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

Dated my wife for 4 years and have been married for 9 years. I knew within a few months we would get married but I didn't ask her for 3 years, she didn't care. She loves my big dumb ass and that's all that matters.

Comment

I waited almost 9 years before I proposed to my girlfriend.

Comment

Originally posted by Country cracker View Post
                    Is she worth half your shit and alimony? Why does any dude want to get married? I got married after 8 years and 2 kids just so the old hag would stfu about it.

From what I've seen, you have to be ballin' out of control to be granted alimony in Texas. Another good reason to have low expectations!!

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                      From what I've seen, you have to be ballin' out of control to be granted alimony in Texas. Another good reason to have low expectations!!
                      Pretty much. It's very, very rare.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by FastFord19 View Post
                        I waited almost 9 years before I proposed to my girlfriend.
                        Procrastinate much?

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                          Procrastinate much?

It takes however long it takes. There isn't any damn sense rushing into it, trust me on that.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                            It takes however long it takes. There isn't any damn sense rushing into it, trust me on that.
                            Not sure why taking my comment serious ....

Comment

I fail to see the benefit in getting married. I don't need an expensive ceremony, expensive ring, and a legally-binding contract to prove my love to someone.

Comment

Dating for almost 5yrs now not even thinking about it, i'm sure she is but I dont want a giant ceremony I wanna be married on the beach in a different country and she wants a giant wedding that we pay for.

I tell her if she wants traditional have her deadbeat dad pay for the ceremony.

Comment

Working...
                                X