Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to drive into Mexico without passport (emergency)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to drive into Mexico without passport (emergency)

Just got word my Aunt passed away and I dont have a passport. She along with my brother and grandmother were down there for a wedding.

Can I actually make it back with my ID and birth certificate? I havent been down there in about 9 years so any help/advice would be helpful.

If you're going into the border you only need your birth certificate IIRC. If you're going deep into Mexico you'll need a passport.
    Originally posted by talisman
    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
    Originally posted by AdamLX
    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Because fuck you, that's why
    Originally posted by 80coupe
    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
    Originally posted by Rick Modena
    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Im going to Sabinas Hidalgo, about an hour north of Monterrey.

Comment

cool beans

Comment

I think you're fucked without a passport, passport ID card, or some WHTI ID.

Comment

you may need a kinda permit/permission paper. cost about 30 bucks

Comment

Im guessing a passport is required to get a Mexican Visa?

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                you may need a kinda permit/permission paper. cost about 30 bucks
                Do you have any more info on this?
                Thanks

Anyone know if filling out all the documents and going to the post office to obtain a passport help? Showing them Ive submitted my paperwork and waiting to receive it?

Comment

no i dont. last time i.went i got that permit.at the border.

Comment

If you're going past the 12 mile mark from the border you will need a passport, period. You could probably bypass the post office and go to the passport office in downtown Dallas. I'm not sure how it works with a death in the family but I'm sure they could get you one quicker than the post office. It'll cost you $$$ though.
                    Originally posted by talisman
                    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                    Originally posted by AdamLX
                    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    Because fuck you, that's why
                    Originally posted by 80coupe
                    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                    Originally posted by Rick Modena
                    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                    Originally posted by Jester
                    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

My buddy just got his passport. Took 4 days to get it and 200 bux. Went to the place in dallas on a tuesday, picked it up on a friday

Comment

Originally posted by sniper87 View Post
                        My buddy just got his passport. Took 4 days to get it and 200 bux. Went to the place in dallas on a tuesday, picked it up on a friday
                        Thanks for the info, really appreciate it.

Comment

Don't go to the Post Office. You can go to the County Tax Office and get it done and there usually isn't a wait and you don't have to deal with the Post Office mouth breathers. You should be able to get an expedited service, but you're going to pay for it.

Comment

Yep, with a death in the family, probably get it same day or next day from the office there in Dallas.

Comment

No advice to give on the border thing, but my condolences.

Comment

Working...
                              X