Tourist distracted by Facebook plunges off pier in Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourist distracted by Facebook plunges off pier in Australia

SYDNEY – A tourist in Australia had to be rescued by police after plunging off a pier while browsing Facebook on her phone, officials said Wednesday.

The woman was walking along a bay in Melbourne on Monday night when she became distracted by her Facebook feed and plummeted off the pier into the chilly water, Victoria state police said.

A witness called for help and police rushed to the woman's aid. They found her flailing around in the water, about 65 feet from the pier.

"She was still out in the water lying on her back in a floating position because she told us later that she couldn't swim," Senior Constable Dean Kelly of the state water police told the Australian Broadcasting Corp. "She still had her mobile phone in her hand and initially she apologized and said sorry."

The woman was taken to a hospital for treatment. Police said she is a foreigner, but declined to say from which country.

"With Facebook, or social media in general as far as we're concerned, if you're anywhere near the water just pay attention," Kelly said. "Especially if you can't swim."
    A tourist in Australia had to be rescued by police after plunging off a pier while browsing Facebook on her phone, officials said Wednesday.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

She should have stayed in the water and told those fuckers to come back with a warrant!

Comment

It's a pity a monstrous shark didn't make her a statistic.
      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
      dont downshift!!
      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

she related to the woman in the mall water foundain accident.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
          She should have stayed in the water and told those fuckers to come back with a warrant!
          Holy fuck, Ahahahahahah!!!
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
            It's a pity a monstrous shark didn't make her a statistic.

Sharktopus vs Mermantula coming in 2014. Rico from Rico's Roughnecks to star.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            i know i am are a fucking idiot.i know i should have pulled out of my mommas ass to make a shit fuck like me.bitch
            Originally Posted By: Polska
            I don't believe in shotting any animal past 150 or 200 yards, until their is better technology in 10 or 20 years and we have laser like the predators.

Comment

Working...
            X