Cedar Hill Mayors step son shot and killed during XMAS burglary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CJ View Post
    I would have to agree with this. Of course I gave him warning, several times.
    Well, that assumes a lot. He may very well have given the guy fair warning and plenty of chance to leave, but he didnt. Some people would just rather not shoot and kill someone if they dont absolutely have to.

We trained field trial retrievers when I was a kid with a guy that had a robber brake into his house while he was asleep. He woke up, went to check out what was making noise, found the robber going through his shit and shot/killed the guy. It really fucked our buddy up, PTSD type symptoms. So yeah, I think there might be plenty out there that would rather the robber GTFO rather than have to kill someone in their own home.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
      Well, that assumes a lot. He may very well have given the guy fair warning and plenty of chance to leave, but he didnt. Some people would just rather not shoot and kill someone if they dont absolutely have to.

We trained field trial retrievers when I was a kid with a guy that had a robber brake into his house while he was asleep. He woke up, went to check out what was making noise, found the robber going through his shit and shot/killed the guy. It really fucked our buddy up, PTSD type symptoms. So yeah, I think there might be plenty out there that would rather the robber GTFO rather than have to kill someone in their own home.
      Jesus how fast do you have to be going to brake into a house?

Comment

Hmmm, I would assume that if you have a weapon in your house that you are prepared to use it. I guess I could see someone like that though, you know the type, talking shit about how they are going to fuck someone up and then do it and regret it, have some type of remorse, bad dreams and shit.

Like the Schofield Kid in the movie, The Unforgiven.
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Well, in your own example your friend did exactly what I said and just shot the guy. Hindsight is 20/20. I have a feeling the overwhelming majority in here is going to shoot first, despite the consequences.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Shoot first.

Comment

If I could see him and see he wasn't armed I might yell something. But if I can't see anything other than a silhouette in my house he gets buckshot. I have a feeling that's going to be the general consensus.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                You really don't believe that do you? Of course this is exactly what your supposed to tell the cops.

If I'm at home alone or with my wife and I hear some noise and come out and find someone in my home, you damn straight I'm coming out shooting, I'm not giving away my position or trying to have a conversation with some crack head moron in the middle of the night.
                I'm going to yell "stop resisting!".
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                  a+ post.

Comment

I had a conversation about this with my girlfriend recently. My thoughts are pretty concise: there is no reason for a sane, sober person to break into my home at night. The reason being that, if you want to rob a house, you want to do it when there's the least chance of being caught in the act let alone disturbed and have to bail. My feelings are that a large majority of night-time break ins (I'm talking like Tuesday night with cars in my driveway type shit) are done by rapists, serial killers or drug addicts. All three groups are in your house for absolutely no other reason than to get what they want whether it means harming you or not... they don't give a fuck. Either way, all 3 groups needs to be terminated faster than a 3-eyed first trimester black baby.
                    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                    dont downshift!!
                    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                      While you're loading your second mag of course.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                      X