No announcement yet.

Master planned communities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hell man, I was forking over $110 a MONTH at my condo. When I started looking at properties again after the divorce, I was looking at condos again, but the fees have gotten so damn high the money difference was so negligible that buying a house was the blatantly obvious choice.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      Just buy a house with a pool near a park, use the money you would have spent on the HOA fees for a pool guy to keep it up. Problem solved.
      Originally posted by mustang1200 View Post
      Private pool ftw. Who wants to swim with the neighborhood brats anyway?
      These two are the main reasons I'd by a house without an HOA.

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      Hell man, I was forking over $110 a MONTH at my condo. When I started looking at properties again after the divorce, I was looking at condos again, but the fees have gotten so damn high the money difference was so negligible that buying a house was the blatantly obvious choice.
      Yeah, everyone gets excited about the $60,000-$70,000 purchase price, only to find out the $3-400 HOA bill means they can buy a hosue worth almost twice that.

OP, defintiely look at the parks/services available in cities where you plan to live. Most cities have discounted rates for residents that allow you to use the amenities. Bonus there being, you don't pay if you don't want to use them any more. Your property taxes pay for these items, so to me there's no point in paying an HOA even more to use something the city provides "for free".

Comment

Master planned communities

I lived in stonebridge for 23 years and I was *that* neighbor constantly working on a car and loading up my race car early in the morning to go racing. I made a point to know my neighbors and I was the go to guy when something broke or someone needed something cut down with a chainsaw. The HOA never bothered me but hassled my next door neighbors for weeds around their tree lol....

I did keep the place neat and not looking like a junkyard.

Would I buy in a HOA neighborhood again? HELL NO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X