No announcement yet.

Master planned communities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She works in Plano and would not like to drive much further then she does now. Fate will be a last resort since it adds about 20 minutes to her drive. Looks nice so we are keeping it as an option for now. Buying new would be nice but not stuck on it by any means.

Comment

We have a brand new community in plano, Villas of Pecan Creek
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

We ended up going in a non HOA neighborhood in Keller. Where we were looking, one of the neighbors came out and introduced himself (I was driving the Stang, and he was a "car guy" as well). Told me some crazy story about a kid in the neighborhood that was building some old hot rod for his first car and left it in the street one night after some tuning and driving. Apparently, the car leaked a bit of oil on the street and one of the HOA watchdogs saw it, had the car towed and then hired a crew to come out and steam clean the street, which the kids parents got the bill for.

Add that BS to the "mandatory" Holiday lights (but only from the "Approved" list), mandatory front door color selections (there were two available) and it was more regulations than this non-conformist could bear.

Comment

If she works in plano look at lost creek ranch in allen. We lived there before moving to frisco and loved it! HOA is just under 500/year and the community is nice.

Twin creeks is nice as well.

Comment

Originally posted by no4njnk View Post
            She works in Plano and would not like to drive much further then she does now. Fate will be a last resort since it adds about 20 minutes to her drive. Looks nice so we are keeping it as an option for now. Buying new would be nice but not stuck on it by any means.
            George Bush Turnpike makes that kind of commute much easier these days.

Comment

I'm in Woodcreek in Fate, and like it. I've never had any trouble with the HOA, but then again I keep my house looking nice and follow the rules. I used to commute to downtown Dallas and it really wasn't bad. Going to Plano might suck on a daily basis though.
              DamonH

Comment

Originally posted by DamonH View Post
                I'm in Woodcreek in Fate, and like it. I've never had any trouble with the HOA, but then again I keep my house looking nice and follow the rules. I used to commute to downtown Dallas and it really wasn't bad. Going to Plano might suck on a daily basis though.
                Ha , I am across the highway from you. I work at love field and can make it in 30 minutes in the morning. Coming home is around 40-60 minutes. My wife's office is in Plano and is a super easy commute now that George bush comes all the way to I30.
                07 GT500
                05 SRT10
                88 turbocoupe T-bird
                93 Cobra
                86 coupe
                Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by DamonH View Post
                  I am in Woodcreek weekly handling warranty calls.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by kobuzz View Post
                    Just as an FYI one got a letter/warning because his spare car (Expedition) had a flat for 2 days.

You'll get a warning/ticket in a normal neighborhood for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                      Water view isn't as nice as it seems.
                      Explain by the way

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                        I live in in Stonebridge up in McKinney and realized I don't use any of the amenities. Even if I did, I could live in a community with cheaper HOA fees and still use the bike paths and what not.
                        We live in Waterview, and have been here since Aug. 2000. It's fully built and the HOA does keep the ammenites very nice.

One thing we didn't count on was our kids growing up, and not using the pool or playgrounds, tennis courts, etc.

So if your kids are young, they can enjoy for the first 10-15 years, but then like everthing else, you just tend to not use the ammenities after a while.

I myself do use the bike paths, but I also ride to the local shopping centers and so forth.

One bad thing about Waterview is the location. We have limited feeder roads to our area and during the Ice this year it really showed to be a traffic problem.

They city is working on working on connecting Merritt road all the way to Liberty Grove right in front of the Waterview main entrance, but it may take a few more years.
                        sigpic
                        "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
                        through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
                        We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
                        my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                          Water view isn't as nice as it seems.
                          Really ????

What other Master Planned community owned by the Huffines family has their own Landfill right next to it...... BONUS !!!!
                          sigpic
                          "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
                          through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
                          We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
                          my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

Comment

master planned sounds horrible to me. I dont think I could ever live in one. Tiny lots and a power hungry HOA that just wants to raise trouble. No thanks. I know some of my friends live in them and they dont ever use any of the amenities and they do have children.

Comment

The real problems with HOA's is the simple fact that you never know what you're getting into. Some are pretty non invasive, others you're suddenly thrust into A Brave New World.

I had various run ins with mine at my condo through the years, like when I wouldn't sell my 57 to one of the maintenance guys and suddenly I started getting orange stickers on it for the tags being out. Overall, I don't think I'd ever move into another one again, even though I keep my house nice and mind my own business.

Comment

Originally posted by no4njnk View Post
                                Explain by the way
                                What nationality are?

Comment

Working...
                                X