Master planned communities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master planned communities

We are thinking about moving to a community with more amenities such as pools, running paths, etc. and were seeing what all is out there. Right now we are looking at places such was Waterview in Rowlett for comparison. Trying to stick east of Dallas to stay closer to work for my wife.

I live in in Stonebridge up in McKinney and realized I don't use any of the amenities. Even if I did, I could live in a community with cheaper HOA fees and still use the bike paths and what not.

Comment

That sounds like the opposite if what I'd want. Closed on a lot this month in a neighborhood with no HOA and that was a big selling point for me.

Comment

Why not just move near a park? Hell, Arlington has over 80 parks. It's one of the reasons I like living here. Seems like most people don't even know about some of the more hidden ones. When I was a bit healthier I'd walk around the park between the stadiums all the time and it was a ghost town. Save the HOA fee and hassle.

Comment

I would love not to live by a park but not as familiar with that area as most of y'all. We love our house now but not that many people are outside after work or kids playing. We moved into a house with most of the houses yet to be built and not wild about most of the neighbors. Our fault but it was our first house so lesson learned.

Being around White Rock would be nice but houses are a smaller and traffic sucks. Thinking Rowlett, Wylie, Sachse, or Murphy. Richardson is a possibility but not sure there. I am all ears so any suggestions are appreciated.

Comment

I don't get the HOA thing. All people do complain about the ever enchroaching government with more regulations and more licensing and more rules, but then they can't wait for someone to tell them what they can and can't do with their house. I just don't get it.
            I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Here are a few to check out.

Waters Edge in Rowlett. Creekside Estates in Wylie. Stone Creek in Rockwall. Parkwood Ranch and Richfield Estates, both in Sachse.

Also, Fate has a ton of development going on right off of I-30.

Comment

You're almost always going to have at least one neighbor you hate. Every neighborhood has at least ONE.

Comment

Just buy the AMJ for exposure. Oh wait, that's for Master Limited Partnerships.
                  Originally posted by davbrucas
                  I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Most of our neighbors are hermits, not always bad but we are thinking of having kids and want to look at other options.

Comment

Just make sure dealing with an HOA is something you can deal with long term. I know 3 different friends who bought upper scale houses during the turndown and the only thing I hear from them is about the HOA BS. Just as an FYI one got a letter/warning because his spare car (Expedition) had a flat for 2 days.

Comment

Originally posted by no4njnk View Post
                        We are thinking about moving to a community with more amenities such as pools, running paths, etc. and were seeing what all is out there. Right now we are looking at places such was Waterview in Rowlett for comparison. Trying to stick east of Dallas to stay closer to work for my wife.
                        Check out in fate, my neighborhood has several pools, gym, water park , and huge amenities center. Also out here you can do usda loan.
                        07 GT500
                        05 SRT10
                        88 turbocoupe T-bird
                        93 Cobra
                        86 coupe
                        Ducati 848

Comment

Water view isn't as nice as it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by kobuzz View Post
                            Just make sure dealing with an HOA is something you can deal with long term. I know 3 different friends who bought upper scale houses during the turndown and the only thing I hear from them is about the HOA BS. Just as an FYI one got a letter/warning because his spare car (Expedition) had a flat for 2 days.
                            buddy got one since his mustang was too old and was an eyesore on the neighborhood. He drove car everyday except weekends.

Comment

Not sure where your wife works, but check out Devonshire in Forney. I build for Highland and will be building in that community starting Jan. 1. Most of our houses are under $300k. The same floorplans anywhere else are $450-500k.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Working...
                              X