Am I being unreasonable ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I being unreasonable ?

Old truck on craiglist in Ennis I'd like to have. Talk to the guy, he says no title, just paperwork for bonded. I said Ok. just give me the VIN so I can get it checked out. He says he doesn't wanna give the VIN because he's worried about people trying to pull a scam. Its a $1500 truck at best...
    If it was 20 minutes away. I'd just suck it up and go look. But it's in Ennis and I'm in McKinney. I've drug my trailer pretty far and come back empty. I'm probably just gonna tell him to forget it.
    Am I unreasonable ? If I was going to scam someone, there's tons of VIN's available on ebay an other places to scam something better. This is the second time I've had this happen. Is there some crime ring out there scamming people out of old cheap cars ?
    Last edited by dcs13; 12-22-2013, 07:08 AM. Reason: added

Kinda don't blame him. If you are a serious buyer, go check it out with trailer. Or just go in car to check it out

Comment

Originally posted by orphan Shelby View Post
      Kinda don't blame him. If you are a serious buyer, go check it out with trailer. Or just go in car to check it out
      I agree. It's too easy to forge title and documents these days. I wouldn't give it out. But I also don't mess with cars that don't have a title.
      07 f250-family truckster
      08 Denali -baby hauler
      52 f1-rust bucket
      05 Jeep tj. Buggy
      livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
        . But I also don't mess with cars that don't have a title.
        Yeah, I never have either. But after reading up on bonded titles, I am darn sure not going to risk it... You're basically on the hot spot for 3 years and if someone files a claim and they win, YOU have to pay the bonding company whatever they lose on the deal... So you buy the truck, spend time and money fixing it up and have a chance to lose it and all your work, eff that.

Comment

I would give it out. I also wouldn't screw with a car without a title unless it was something very old.

Comment

lol @ not wanting to give the VIN

I would pass on having to deal with a half-wit mouth breathing retard alone...

Never mind the 3hr round trip and lack of title
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Yeah. Look elsewhere. This one isn't special.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                lol @ not wanting to give the VIN

I would pass on having to deal with a half-wit mouth breathing retard alone...

Never mind the 3hr round trip and lack of title
                This..........

Comment

I wouldn't deal with someone unwilling to give me the VIN. Especially if it had no title. I would want to spent some time calling PD and title office to make sure it's not going to be impossible to file the paperwork.
                  sigpic

Comment

Here is the truck ad..

I want a 1.5 - 2 ton truck that I can build into a ramp truck to haul cars and stuff. If anyone has a good lead, send me a note please...

Comment

lol what the fuck would you do with the VIN of that thing that would scam him?

Comment

LMAO @ "need to sale quickly".

When I buy vehicles for work, we ALWAYS have to get a copy of the title, and a Bill of Sale before we will pay any money.

Also, every one of our vehicles on our website have the VIN clearly listed.

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
                          LMAO @ "need to sale quickly".

When I buy vehicles for work, we ALWAYS have to get a copy of the title, and a Bill of Sale before we will pay any money.

Also, every one of our vehicles on our website have the VIN clearly listed.

UR gona get scammed for saling like that!!!!111!

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                            UR gona get scammed for saling like that!!!!111!
                            ZOMG !!! I never thought about that !!!

Comment

I've noticed when someone makes a statement like "I've got all of the paperwork" or "it is easy to get the title" that neither is true. If there was not an issue with someone getting the title, they would have already done it themselves and would be selling it for twice as much.

Stevo
                              Originally posted by SSMAN
                              ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Working...
                              X