So, I guess Ive been working with a serial bank robber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bringit View Post
    Posted via IPhone. Didn't look that shitty originally, in breaking everything up. But I appreciate the kind words.

I would also assume that his connection to Breaking Bad, would be the white collar "Average Joe" kind of guy committing crimes, under the guise of being an everyday All American family man. And I couldn't agree more with the correlation.
    I wonder if he'll sue the producers of the show for giving him the idea, like the parents who claim rock music turned their spawn into idiots?

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
      Its is weird when youre in contact with what seems a normal person and then find out they've done something crazy.

When I work at Huffines Chevy in Lewisville, in 09-10, I was and estimator at that time. I was working on a green S10 job. The owner was a elderly man, reminded me of Wilferd Bremly (sp?), the quaker oats guy. He was the calmest sweetest man. We we did the job delivered the vehicle, I thought he was one of the nicest customers. About 2 -3 months later, Im in the kitchen at the house and I hear his name. I perked up and watched the news. I dont remember the details, but he ended up going to lunch with a young lady friend of his and killed her in that very same truck in Carrollton. What little dealing I had with him, I would have never thought he was capable of something like that.
      If I remember correctly, it's the case where they were last seen on camera together at the Market Street in Coppell. He killed her shortly after they left.

Comment

Originally posted by Bringit View Post
        Yes. "He and I" would be the grammatically correct way to explain, that this bank robber guy.... and myself, would engage in conversation.
        This, however, makes me want to kick a puppy.
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
          If I remember correctly, it's the case where they were last seen on camera together at the Market Street in Coppell. He killed her shortly after they left.
          Yup, I was thinking Carrollton, but yes, thats the one.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
            This, however, makes me want to kick a puppy.

I think this is one of those contexts where it's important to remember that "grammar" is essentially a post factum attempt to "describe/codify" how people actually use language, rather than a set of prescriptive rules telling us what we can and can't say.

“Myself” is no better than “I” as an object. “Myself” is not a sort of all-purpose intensive form of “me” or “I.” Use “myself” only when you have used “I” earlier in the same sentence: “I am not particularly fond of goat cheese myself.” “I kept half the loot for myself.” All this confusion can easily be avoided if you just remove the second party from the sentences where you feel tempted to use “myself” as an object or feel nervous about “me.” You wouldn’t say, “The IRS sent the refund check to I,” so you shouldn’t say “The IRS sent the refund check to my wife and I” either. And you shouldn’t say “to my wife and myself.” The only correct way to say this is, “The IRS sent the refund check to my wife and me.” Still sounds too casual? Get over it.

The bank robber and I. (wrong)
            The bank robber and me. (correct, but sounds wrong to some)
            The bank robber and myself. (wrong, but sounds better to some)

So, Fuck you for being correct and ruining my day.
            sigpic

Comment

Latin? Really? You are not allowed to use the term, "post factum," if you can't spell, or properly utilize dependent clauses. And on that note, no, "he and I," is not correct, because the only person mentioned (apart from you) in the previous sentence is your wife.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                Latin? Really? You are not allowed to use the term, "post factum," if you can't spell, or properly utilize dependent clauses. And on that note, no, "he and I," is not correct, because the only person mentioned (apart from you) in the previous sentence is your wife.
                Stercus accidit!

Comment

This thread reminds me of this movie.......

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXGNevA5Wt0[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uAHqRaZ1B0[/ame]
                  '08 C6 Corvette
                  '91 StormTrooper BBC Coupe
                  Run what ya brung, hope ya brought enuff!!

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
                    Stercus accidit!
                    Vere!
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

he would be fun to hang out with at a topless joint. drinks on him.

Comment

Working...
                      X