Holy microprocessor Batman!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy microprocessor Batman!

Note:? This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

The Internet of Things is coming

This is why I love Silicon Valley. I've given dozens of speeches about our book, "Age of Context," and only after speaking at PARC (Palo Alto Research Center, which is where Steve Jobs got the ideas for the original Macintosh) did a guy come up to me with a fist full of new small computers.*

These things don't just have their own ARM processor on them, but a radio and some memory as well, along with a couple of sensors. They are coming in 2014 to enable new kinds of "things." What kinds of things? Well, your shirt might have a computer built into it in the future.

"What about battery?" I asked.

Jeremy Walker, CEO of Iota (these are his hands and his computers) says that they already have the ability to generate power by movement or through solar (the generator would be on a separate chip).*

What was really mind blowing is that after he showed me these, he said "and here's our prototypes coming in 2015." Another hand, but these computers were less than half the size of the ones in the photo below.

http://www.iotacomputing.com/ has more on this interesting new startup.

Mother of God! Can't wait to see what they can do with those.
    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Skynet....
      Originally posted by talisman
      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
      Originally posted by AdamLX
      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      Because fuck you, that's why
      Originally posted by 80coupe
      nice dick, Idrivea4banger
      Originally posted by Rick Modena
      ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Will they be sealed? Washing a computer shirt or crushing the computer in the garment. Just a few of my questions. Very cool with possibilities.
        Off to look up the value of iota stock.
        Rich

Comment

Looks like tic tacs

Comment

Working...
          X