How do y'all celebrate Christmas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do y'all celebrate Christmas?

For years, and I don't know if this is a Mexican thing, my family has celebrated Christmas on Christmas Eve and opened gifts at midnight. Well, its been a few years since I've had time off for Christmas and I just might be able to make it home for the holidays, this time. I'm beginning to wonder if the fam. still celebrates the old way. Man, I haven't had a Christmas off in a long time! So, how do yous guys do it, with the presents and the eating and the family?
    .....bro....

Probably because everyone is afraid uncle Portfidio is gonna steal all the presents over night like a reverse Santa Clause.

Comment

One present on Christmas eve, Santa and the rest on Christmas morning. Lunch at with my moms fam, dinner with dad's.
      2012 GT500

Comment

One gift on Christmas Eve when we were kids, (usually pajamas). Then everything else Christmas Day as soon as we got up. Then we have breakfast, then start cooking for a late lunch/early dinner, where everyone friends and family would come over.

This year, it'll be 8-9 of us for dinner, and 4-5 of us for presents in the morning. No young kids so it'll happen whenever we decide to roll out of bed

Comment

I'd suggest shooting a small caliber firearm up into the air.

Comment

We getted fucked up all day the 24th, take a break to open gifts at midnight, then get fucked up till 4 in the morning take a nap. Eat Menudo at 7am and get fucked up some more.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
              I'd suggest shooting a small caliber firearm up into the air.
              es no new jears pendejo!

Comment

Originally posted by MILK View Post
                We getted fucked up all day the 24th, take a break to open gifts at midnight, then get fucked up till 4 in the morning take a nap. Eat Menudo at 7am and get fucked up some more.
                dont lie fool. we know you mexicans do that EVERYDAY.

god bless.
                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Ever since my dad passed in 98, I go over to her house in the morning and we exchange a simple gift. We then go out for lunch or dinner to a nice resturant (this year its Dragonfly at Hotel ZaZa) and enjoy some good food and cap it off with a nice brandy. If there is anything good out, we'll also see a movie. This year will be the first in 15 years that its more than us as my GF is joining us to celebrate and join in the fun.

The point isnt the gifts, its the time spent with those you love.

Comment

All of our family exchange gifts are on Christmas Eve with smoked turkey, brisket, etc for dinner. Santa delivers the little kids the "big" gifts Xmas morning
                    Scott Ganow
                    Lone Star Performance
                    16300 Midway Rd
                    Addison, TX 75001
                    214-630-5006

Comment

Originally posted by 00KBGT View Post
                      All of our family exchange gifts are on Christmas Eve with smoked turkey, brisket, etc for dinner. Santa delivers the little kids the "big" gifts Xmas morning
                      Same here. Works out pretty well this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                        One present on Christmas eve, Santa and the rest on Christmas morning.
                        Agreed with fo five six.

Comment

Originally posted by 00KBGT View Post
                          ditto. My wife's extended family gets together christmas eve, whomever of my family that wants to is invited to my house for christmas morning.
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

The weekend before Christmas, the extended family gets together from about 10am - 5pm, eat some snacks etc., then open up gifts. We do this so that everyone is able to be together (parts of the family travel to see in-laws).

Then, Christmas eve, we spend with my parents. The kiddo gets to open 1 present, gets a new pair of pajamas, and a new movie. We all watch the movie together.

Christmas day is immediate family at my parent's house. We exchange our gifts to each other, snack some more, and just hang out and enjoy each others company.

Comment

My parents come over ever Christmas Eve. We have a big dinner open up 1 gift that are always PJ's and make Christmas cookies with the kids for Santa. Then wake up early in the morning and open gifts. Back when I had some land I did scavenger hunts for my family with each person getting an envelope that would send them to another envelope finally getting to their gift.
                              "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

Working...
                              X