RIP- Lubbock girl's body found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP- Lubbock girl's body found

Lubbock authorities on Monday evening located the body of a young woman in northwestern Lubbock County that matches the description of a missing Lubbock girl. At about 5:30 p.m., Lubbock police fou…

By Alyssa Dizon
    AVALANCHE-JOURNAL

Lubbock authorities on Monday evening located the body of a young woman in northwestern Lubbock County that matches the description of a missing Lubbock girl.

At about 5:30 p.m., Lubbock police found the body of a young white female in a field about 61/2 miles north of the Clovis Highway on County Road 1700, said Capt. Greg Stevens.

Stevens said officers discovered the body a few feet east of County Road 1700, but it was not visible from the road.

As of Monday night, Stevens said, there had been no positive identification of the body even though the description of the body matched that of 15-year-old Elizabeth Ennen, who has been missing since Jan. 5.

A medical examiner was called to the scene, and officers notified the Ennen family of the found body because, other than Ennen, there were no other missing people listed in Lubbock County.

During the course of the investigation, Lubbock police came across the location north of Shallowater where the body was found, Stevens said, but he could not disclose further details.

The body was removed from the scene Monday night, but investigators may have to resume their evidence collection in the coming days when the weather conditions are more favorable, he said.

“It’s a tough environment in terms of collecting evidence given the wind, the dark, the terrain,” Stevens said. “They will do as much as they can.”

Last week, police arrested Humberto Salinas Jr. on aggravated kidnapping charges related to Ennen’s disappearance. That could lead to homicide charges if they identify the body as Ennen, Stevens said.

Thats a bad deal

I recondition headlights on most cars for $50.00. If interested shoot me a pm.

Comment

Hopefully they'll kill dear old Humberto, but I doubt it.

Comment

Rest In Peace Young Lady

Comment

Working...
        X