postman rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stevo View Post
    It seems we got a new post man (woman actually) about six months ago and she is a real piece of shit. In the last four weeks, three times she has put mail addresses to other other addresses in our box, three times she has had to come back to our house to drop off mail that she forgot/missed the first time around, and she 'misplaced' two of my packages. She drives like a total idiot, that truck is either WOT when she is moving. I have personally seen her nearly cause three accidents on our corner alone. And she has the stereotypical 'ethnic' woman attitude- if you ask her a question or have a problem, it isn't her fault, it is YOUR fault no matter what, and when you try to speak she will just attempt to talk over you louder and louder when you talk to her.

Anyways, just watched her make a third pass at our mail box.

Stevo
    Call the PO station and ask for the Delivery Supervisor or if you are in a small town, ask for the Postmaster. Know your Rural route number, dates of complaints and such and ask to make a formal complaint. They are swamped right now with holiday packages but they will do something about it. If you are lucky, the person will be a contract rural carrier and they can actually get rid of her.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
      I saw somewhere that the average salary for a mailman around Dallas was over $65,000. Now, I am admittedly ignorant regarding the specific duties of the job, but are they literally sorting, collecting, and delivering mail? That just seems ludicrous if so.
      65,000 is mid to low vs fedex and ups

Comment

The last postman we had was awesome, he was on this route for many years. He actually retired. He would do stuff like have dog biscuits for animals, our animals would actually come to the gate when they heard the mail truck, and he would stop and toss a doggy treat to each animal even if he didn't have to stop and put mail in the box.

The woman that does it now is a fat rude bitch that can't get shit right. I can understand screwing up as no one is perfect, but when she wouldn't even let me finish a question and just kept getting louder as I was trying to ask it really pissed me off.

UPS giving packages to the USPS really pisses me off, if I purposely pay shipping to UPS it means I don't want the post office carrying my packages.

Stevo
        Originally posted by SSMAN
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Our poor rural mail carrier has it rough just based on me living in our neighborhood. I mail these large plastic foot lockers that have little shitty wheels and are 50-60 pounds. When I do, make a mail run there are usually 2-3 of these fuckers. She has to drag them through our ditch and up the yard to leave them on the front door. I can't really think of one complaint about her. With that said, my 50 pound Pelican box may not be attempted to be delivered and I will have to go pick it up at the PO.
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Our mail guy is great. He went out of his way to make sure I got a package today. I really appreciate it because it is work related. Yay prototypes!!!!
            Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
            It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
              Do you live in SW Arlington? This sounds exactly like the crazy bitch in my neighborhood. Tired of getting other peoples mail and not getting mine.
              Live in sw Arlington and have the same issues.

Comment

What kind of mail are ya'll still receiving? We mostly get junk mail and general crap. Every now ans again I get a note to not park in front of the mail box. I'm usually thinking, so don't deliver, see how that works our for ya. I purposly chose something other than USPS and ups when given the choice. Too many problems with crushed and damaged stuff. Though I will ship flat rate USPS as it is convenient, just have to pack it extra well.

Mail is an outdated medium that the paradigm has shifted, and they don't seem to want to change with the times. FedEx seems to be way more with it, though I do own ups stock as it performs better than FedEx.
                Rich

Comment

I had one issue with my carrier when she first got in this route. We're golden now, and she'll flag me down if she has something that needs to be signed for and sees me out and about... that's solid right there
                  http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Looks like she screwed up again, she just came back by to drop off my car's registration notice after coming by earlier to drop off the water bill and some junk mail.

Stevo
                    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Mine just can't get it together, bless her heart.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Funny thing, the Benbrook facility is great. The people at the facility I have to deal with in MN. couldn't fog a mirror with the entire staff working on it.

Comment

Screw FedEx, screw USPS, and screw their abomination called "Smartpost". And screw Amazon Prime's claim of 2-day shipping, while using said abomination.

/rant.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                            Screw FedEx, screw USPS, and screw their abomination called "Smartpost". And screw Amazon Prime's claim of 2-day shipping, while using said abomination.

/rant.

Stevo
                            But...the only commonality, is you?

I'm just giving you grief. They all suck at times, and the bigger your hurry, the worse they suck.
                            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                            86 SVO - Sold
                            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Smartpost is ridiculous.
                              sigpic

Comment

Never had smartpost shipping yet but got ups guy back today for the holidays.

15 packages delivered from ups today in 1 day personal best. Couple were heavy so he spent a good 20 mins unloading everything. First time ever he knocked and rang the doorbell also.

Comment

Working...
                                X