postman rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• postman rant

It seems we got a new post man (woman actually) about six months ago and she is a real piece of shit. In the last four weeks, three times she has put mail addresses to other other addresses in our box, three times she has had to come back to our house to drop off mail that she forgot/missed the first time around, and she 'misplaced' two of my packages. She drives like a total idiot, that truck is either WOT when she is moving. I have personally seen her nearly cause three accidents on our corner alone. And she has the stereotypical 'ethnic' woman attitude- if you ask her a question or have a problem, it isn't her fault, it is YOUR fault no matter what, and when you try to speak she will just attempt to talk over you louder and louder when you talk to her.

Anyways, just watched her make a third pass at our mail box.

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

My mail person the same but he/she always misdelivers mail. Xmas crap even worse!

Comment

I saw somewhere that the average salary for a mailman around Dallas was over $65,000. Now, I am admittedly ignorant regarding the specific duties of the job, but are they literally sorting, collecting, and delivering mail? That just seems ludicrous if so.
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

call the post office and file a complaint.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Have you tried hitting her?
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

We've had a few wrong deliveries but it's been very few. I'm a little surprised the mailman hasn't griped about cars blocking the mailbox (one of those community boxes) and having to step out of his truck, but he'd have to get out of it anyway since the box is oriented perpendicular to the street.

Comment

Originally posted by baron View Post
              sgsawuid...
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I have had my neighbors mail several times in the last 2 weeks and have had other neighbors deliver my mail to me. Seems to be the norm this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                  I should have done that when the box full of $400 of RC stuff from Tower Hobbies came up missing. I filed a complaint but not for her specifically. I was waiting at the gate for it when she pulled up because it showed 'out for delivery' but she didn't have the package nor the slip that they give you to pick it up at the post office. That night, the tracking showed up as 'delivered'. I go through all of the shit with them, with Tower Hobbies, etc. Tower Hobbies didn't want to accept the claim at first since USPS showed it to be delivered.

Tower eventually sent a new order, but I still think she either threw the first one in someone's yard or even dropped it off somewhere for herself.

Stevo
                  Originally posted by SSMAN
                  ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                    I saw somewhere that the average salary for a mailman around Dallas was over $65,000. Now, I am admittedly ignorant regarding the specific duties of the job, but are they literally sorting, collecting, and delivering mail? That just seems ludicrous if so.
                    I bought a gun from a guy that worked at the post office. We were talking about general frustrations of his job. The guy is 38 and has hit his 20 years, but because of age, he is unable to retire, so they will keep giving him annual raises, COLA, and so forth. His salary is based around an 8 hour day, if he gets his work done, in 3 hours, he goes home. His job has been primarily the same for that entire period and he has it dialed in where it takes him 2-4 hours to complete, then he goes home.

I don't know what his salary was, but I'd imagine if he has to work until he's 55, he'll be solidly over $100k, plus increased vacation/PTO (he was currently at 4 months). So in essence, the guy works 2 months out of the year.

Comment

USPS must be crazy swamped with packages right now or just really disorganized. They seem to come two to three times a day lately dropping off random stuff. We even got packages this past sunday which was odd.

The one thing i hate, is when the lazy piles just put a "sorry we missed you" post card in the mailbox and want you to come get the package at the post office, when they didnt even bother coming to the door. Very frustrating when your waiting for a package and are home, but they didnt want to walk up to deliver and get a signature.
                      2002 4.6L 5spd S281

So fast i make speedy gonzales look like regular gonzales

Comment

I hate this newer bullshit where you buy something online, gets shipped via UPS, then UPS hands it off to the local post office to do the final delivery. Had a couple Christmas presents coming from Amazon. UPS tracking said it was handed off to post office. Post office has no record of it and it never got delivered. UPS says it the post offices problem, Post office says it's UPS problem.

Luckily Amazon is easy to deal with and they refunded my money but no longer offer the items through their warehouse and would have to buy from a different seller which means my Prime free 2 day shipping can't be used.
                        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                          It seems we got a new post man (woman actually) about six months ago and she is a real piece of shit. In the last four weeks, three times she has put mail addresses to other other addresses in our box, three times she has had to come back to our house to drop off mail that she forgot/missed the first time around, and she 'misplaced' two of my packages. She drives like a total idiot, that truck is either WOT when she is moving. I have personally seen her nearly cause three accidents on our corner alone. And she has the stereotypical 'ethnic' woman attitude- if you ask her a question or have a problem, it isn't her fault, it is YOUR fault no matter what, and when you try to speak she will just attempt to talk over you louder and louder when you talk to her.

Anyways, just watched her make a third pass at our mail box.

Stevo
                          Do you live in SW Arlington? This sounds exactly like the crazy bitch in my neighborhood. Tired of getting other peoples mail and not getting mine.

Comment

This new UPS to USPS deal is called Surepost. Since I am in charge of a returns department of a distribution center I have been instructed to keep track of all Surepost returns that were unable to be delivered, and what that reason was. So far there hasn't been much, but a lot of that has to do with Surepost limits the size and weight of a package, and we ship a lot large bulky items.

Comment

Out here, USPS has one person running packages for a route and another (the usual mail man) running the standard letter mail.

However, I know for a fact not all places run as well as out here.
                              Originally posted by MR EDD
                              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                              X