Need Help Quick from the Bourbon Drinkers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Quick from the Bourbon Drinkers

I don't touch liquor, but I need to get a nice bottle of bourbon for someone. I'm headed out to the liquor store in a few minutes. Here are the suggestions that I've received in the last few minutes, any input/additions?

Eagle Rare
    Pappy Van Winkle
    Makers '46'
    Knob Creek

Thanks to all in advance!
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Can't go wrong with makers.

A good $50 bottle is Bookers. Its in a wooden box.

Comment

Thanks, leaving now. Will check again when I get to the store.
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

TX is awesome as well.

Comment

Also do u know if hell be mixin it or on the rocks alone? If he's mixing it, u don't nessesarily need to get high dollar booze... Regular makers or wellers are my mixer choices. Just food for thought.

Comment

Ummmm. Dude...

Where the FUCK did you find a bottle of Pappy???

They are released once a year (usually early Nov), not even every state gets some, and they ALWAYS have a markup.

If you really can get some that's at the top of the "coveted" list for most everyone. You can surely get a comparable bourbon for less $$, but for badass gift givingclout...

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
              Ummmm. Dude...

Where the FUCK did you find a bottle of Pappy???

They are released once a year (usually early Nov), not even every state gets some, and they ALWAYS have a markup.

If you really can get some that's at the top of the "coveted" list for most everyone. You can surely get a comparable bourbon for less $$, but for badass gift givingclout...
              I don't think he necessarily has found one. That was a suggestion he received.

Comment

Out of those, I'd go Eagle Rare.

If you want to get a single malt, I'd get a Balvenie or Macallan... each lower year can be had relatively inexpensive..

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post

If you want to get a single malt, I'd get a Balvenie or Macallan... each lower year can be had relatively inexpensive..
                  Idk what it is but I can't stomach scotch but love bourbon...

Comment

Aww hell whats wrong with Jack Daniels or Jim Beam Black?

Comment

Eagle rare is my choice for low end.

Comment

Woodford would be my choice on bourbon

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                        TX is awesome as well.
                        TX is pretty addicting

Comment

Was just about to post up TX as well. Polished off two bottles in the past 2 months of that stuff....

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                            I don't think he necessarily has found one. That was a suggestion he received.
                            Exactly right.

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post

I don't even know what that means. They didn't have Eagle Rare, but the staff at Specs recommended Noah's Mill over Makers 46, Knob, TX, and Woodford Double Oaked. Texted my buddy and he agreed ... ended up going with that.

Thanks again guys; I appreciate it.

Comment

May have to try that one out....

Comment

Working...
                              X