Excel help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel help.

I have a worksheet that I made into a table. I want to add a phone number next the names in a specific column without having to copy/paste over every name. I want to edit the one name and have it change every name to that format.
    Any ideas

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
    I have a worksheet that I made into a table. I want to add a phone number next the names in a specific column without having to copy/paste over every name. I want to edit the one name and have it change every name to that format.
    Any ideas
    Not sure exactly what you're asking. If you want phone numbers next to the names, simply insert a column/row and enter the numbers. If you want it in the same cell as the name, insert a column/row and then use the cocantenate (sp) function to combine the cells. Copy/paste it (values only) into a new sheet and you're done.

If you just want to format a cell and then make the others like it, use format painter.

Comment

Sorry, I only know Lotus 1-2-3

Comment

I think you need concatenation and vlookup skills. GET THEE TO YOUTUBE!
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

It's a MS product, try right clicking!

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
            Any ideas
            Vlookup will work .

Just enter + in the cell, pick VLOOKUP in the upper left tab, highlight your lookup columns, pick return and bam... done

Comment

Originally posted by HECDOGGIE View Post
              Vlookup will work .

Just enter + in the cell, pick VLOOKUP in the upper left tab, highlight your lookup columns, pick return and bam... done
              I'll try that.
              I made the spreadsheet a table and set a table design so that every other cell is white then blue. Iv been editing the spreadsheet and now certain cell colors are screwed up so several are solid blue. Iv tried highlighting all of the cells and clicking the table design I want but it wont change the colors back. Anyone have an idea? I want the colors to be married to the lines and not change when the info is rearranged.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                I think you need concatenation and vlookup skills. GET THEE TO YOUTUBE!
                Pivot tables even. I'm literally compiling a master compensatory sheet right now with vlookup, hlookup, mid and different types of vba/macros.
                Ded

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
                  Pivot tables even. I'm literally compiling a master compensatory sheet right now with vlookup, hlookup, mid and different types of vba/macros.
                  Gangster!
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Got it figured out. I used Find/replace to update the phone number next to the name and then reset the color scheme to normal and reselected the table design I wanted.
                    Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                    X