Who carries 5.11 pants around here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
    I use danners. Don't skimp on your boots. My next pair will be Danner Tachyons
    But if you DO skimp on boots, I'm pretty pleased with my Bates Deltas.

Skip Underarmour Valsetz boots at all costs. I've never worn a worse pair of boots. Wore out in no time, no insulation so walking thru wet grass leaves your feet wet, foot bed broke down in no time.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
      I am a big fan of the Coyote side zip from 5.11. I wear them 7 days a week 15+ hours a day for a year straight and then replace. The pair I have now are 14 months old and holding strong but I like to feel of new ones.
      Shop durable 5.11 Tactical Gear. Enjoy extra comfort while on duty with 5.11 tactical clothing that is functional, breathable, and moisture-wicking. Buy now!

While 5.11 is a fine company, I have had awful luck with their boots. I think I had something like 11 pairs warranted in a 13 month period a few years back. Something about the leather they were using at the time just didnt hold up for me.

PM me your size, I will be glad to give you the last two pairs I have if they fit. I have one brand new pair and one that I wore for maybe a few days tops.

Comment

Red tactical in carrollton. I can't remember their name exactly, probie will chime in. They are a police/ems supplier with a store front. They carry tons of 5.11 and safari land. Its hidden next to Addison airport
        2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
          While 5.11 is a fine company, I have had awful luck with their boots. I think I had something like 11 pairs warranted in a 13 month period a few years back. Something about the leather they were using at the time just didnt hold up for me.

PM me your size, I will be glad to give you the last two pairs I have if they fit. I have one brand new pair and one that I wore for maybe a few days tops.
          If they are tan and a 10.5 I will give them a try.

Weird. I am a simple guy and stick to the same boot, same pants, same shirts/sweatshirts, day in and day out. Variety here is just something to keep track of, and I don't want to have to think about what colors I have on. That and I live with 3 pairs of pants, 8 shirts, cheap throwaway ankle socks but my pride and joy are my underwear. I have 9 pairs of the old brown UA boxer briefs that I have had for 7 years (sad I know). Just that UA discontinued them several years ago and I can't find anymore. I started with 15 but a few have been stolen.
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

If they are tan and a 10.5 I will give them a try.

Weird. I am a simple guy and stick to the same boot, same pants, same shirts/sweatshirts, day in and day out. Variety here is just something to keep track of, and I don't want to have to think about what colors I have on. That and I live with 3 pairs of pants, 8 shirts, cheap throwaway ankle socks but my pride and joy are my underwear. I have 9 pairs of the old brown UA boxer briefs that I have had for 7 years (sad I know). Just that UA discontinued them several years ago and I can't find anymore. I started with 15 but a few have been stolen.
            Wrong size. I figured you would be close though.

< Tiny feet for a tiny man.

Comment

Look at season you intend to wear them and factor that in. In the summer I like the low cut but you loos some support. I high boot is not fun in the summer time.

I am a big fan of the Coyote side zip from 5.11. I wear them 7 days a week 15+ hours a day for a year straight and then replace. The pair I have now are 14 months old and holding strong but I like to feel of new ones.
              Shop durable 5.11 Tactical Gear. Enjoy extra comfort while on duty with 5.11 tactical clothing that is functional, breathable, and moisture-wicking. Buy now!

Going into winter now here, I will bring back my high boots from this R&R.
              http://www.lapolicegear.com/5tahwabocobr.html crap, closeout being discontinued

Do not buy the Converse. I went through the soles of two pairs in a few months.

Anything from 5.11 is going to serve you well. Trust me. I put their pants and boots through the paces. Keep in mind the stupid rock and gravel we put down all over these bases just tear up soles. My boots hold up pretty well.

Sorry all my suggestions are brown. Black does not do well in this dirty environment and I am not polishing boots for work.
              For now I'll be wearing them during the summer, so you make a good point about a low cut boot. I also need to be able to get out of them rather quickly (firefighting), not 100% sure an 8" boot is a good idea.

I do have a pair of the Converse 8" desert boots while they're nice boots, they squeak when I walk. The leather, suede, velour, or whatever is on the inside heel makes my socks squeak. It doesn't matter what type of sock I wear either and it's it's pretty annoying. Now I don't put them through the abuse you do but they're definitely comfortable when I'm out at the ranch.

I probably need to look into a duty boot that's geared towards firefighting.

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
              Red tactical in carrollton. I can't remember their name exactly, probie will chime in. They are a police/ems supplier with a store front. They carry tons of 5.11 and safari land. Its hidden next to Addison airport
              I'll check them out.
              Originally posted by Jester
              Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
              He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
              Originally posted by Denny
              What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
              FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

I know you said you didn't want to shop online, but check out LA police gear.

Comment

Originally posted by wickedblkgt View Post
                  My number 1 source for work related clothes. And their sales are ridiculously good. I just wished they would trim back the emails they send out.

Wrong size. I figured you would be close though.

< Tiny feet for a tiny man.
                  What was I thinking? lol j/k

Comment

Originally posted by wickedblkgt View Post
                    I don't have a problem ordering online to get a better deal, I want to try stuff on locally before buying online.
                    Originally posted by Jester
                    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                    Originally posted by Denny
                    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

wait, who steals used underwear?
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

What was I thinking? lol j/k
                        Don't make me post "the video"

Comment

Academy. Bass pro. Cabela's. Gander Mountain. All have em. The ones I'm my area.
                          sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                          🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                            The Afghan's that work for us on base and do our laundry steal or loose our stuff. It is possible that a pair or two got thrown away because of a "accident" on my behalf.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post

Comment

Don't make me post "the video"
                                You know I was afraid of that response when I posted. I yield. My wife is just now getting over that night.

Comment

Working...
                                X