• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talisman View Post
    Travel to every corner of the world.

but the spheres dont have corners

Comment

Move to Montana, buy me a dental floss ranch & a couple of pygmy ponies...

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
        but the spheres dont have corners
        then he'll have a hell of a time while looking for them.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          Holy fuck balls, no wonder I don't play any of these stupid games. I was going to question your math, but I know better. That's pretty damn sad for these morons that spend money on that scam...
          Not to mention that these "mega" & "powerball" games pay graduated annual payments. When you select the cash value the sum you receive is even smaller than the other games. Look at it now, the cash value is about 50-55% of the jackpot. Something like the Texas Lottery, the number is 62-65%.

Taking 30 payments of $19,533,000 and calculating a PV of $316.5 MM implies a discount rate of 4.73%. Awfully high when you consider the 10 and 20 year Treasury rates are currently 2.9% and 3.6%, respectively.
          Originally posted by davbrucas
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
            Not to mention that these "mega" & "powerball" games pay graduated annual payments. When you select the cash value the sum you receive is even smaller than the other games. Look at it now, the cash value is about 50-55%of the jackpot. Something like the Texas Lottery, the number is 62-65%.

Taking 30 payments of $19,533,000 and calculating a PV of $316.5 MM implies a discount rate of 4.73%. Awfully high when you consider the 10 and 20 year Treasury rates are currently 2.9% and 3.6%, respectively.
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Not to mention that these "mega" & "powerball" games pay graduated annual payments. When you select the cash value the sum you receive is even smaller than the other games. Look at it now, the cash value is about 50-55% of the jackpot. Something like the Texas Lottery, the number is 62-65%.

It has to be cheaper to get it and blow it all now, instead of JG Wentworth taking their cut to give you a "payout" later on when needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
                It has to be cheaper to get it and blow it all now, instead of JG Wentworth taking their cut to give you a "payout" later on when needed.
                What I'm saying is that these mega games have extended the payout period and back-end loaded the payments (graduated payments) to allow themselves to advertise bigger jackpots and attract more $$.

It's the opposite of discounting back to present value ... they know that they will have x dollars of cash inflow (sales). By extending payments out to 30 years from 20 and graduating payout amounts you can advertise a larger jackpot - the cash value today supports a larger advertised jackpot annuity because it gets to compound longer and the amounts are back-end loaded.

It's neither here nor there really due to the astronomical odds, just something I've noticed.

Fyi, JG Wentworth shouldn't be in business - I can walk to any commercial or I-bank that offers derivative products and do exactly what they're doing without the ass-raping of a fee.
                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

It's my money and I want it now!
                  "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

I'm waiting until it gets really high before I buy in.

Comment

everyone of you is gonna be sucking dammitsteves ass when he hits it big!

god bless.
                      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                        everyone of you is gonna be sucking dammitsteves ass when he hits it big!

god bless.
                        He's holding out for the $1000 a week prize.

Comment

Fyi, JG Wentworth shouldn't be in business - I can walk to any commercial or I-bank that offers derivative products and do exactly what they're doing without the ass-raping of a fee.
                          Yeah, but you have awesome credit. Besides, how many banks advertise that between 9 and 5 on weekdays?
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                            Yeah, but you have awesome credit. Besides, how many banks advertise that between 9 and 5 on weekdays?
                            It's a swap.
                            When I said that it shouldn't exist, I don't mean anyone on the street could walk in and do it. I mean that I believe an opportunity exists for a business to come in and offer that service and drive business away from JG.
                            Last edited by slow99; 12-17-2013, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Touché.
                              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I've always thought if I got filthy rich, I'd build my own circuit track with a 1/4 mile track in the middle and build about 20 houses around it and a giant community shop. Have my own private track country club and all of my friends could use the houses as weekend retreats. Hire a small team of track/shop/landscaping guys to maintain it. It'd be rad.

Comment

Working...
                                X