Christmas benevolence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas benevolence

When we hear stories about murder, thievery, abuse of others, and scammers, we become cynical, suspicious of others, and might think that people are generally bad.

But I am here to tell you that there are some folks out there that tip the balance in the other direction.

People on this board, and people in general that I have been in contact with lately, have given unsolicited help at just the right time to give me faith in humanity, God, and even myself again, when not too long ago I thought all hope was lost.

When I posted up about my dog being bit, someone sent me a significant monetary gift through paypal that will cover his vet bill, put a fender on my girlfriend's car, put some warm clothes on the dog, and allow me to put something under the tree for my girlfriend. I didn't ask for it, probably didn't deserve it, and I've never even met the guy, but have spoken with him since.
    Another board member gave me a 4G cellphone that allowed aided me in my job search by allowing me to check email on the fly. Before that I was using a flip phone and texting the old primitive way.

I have since gotten a job.

Someone else gave me a lawnmower and a weed eater.

I tore things down and did some really foolish things over the last few years in my struggles with addiction. Some of you have known me for some time, and have seen the good days and the bad for me. All my days have been good lately and I plan to keep it that way, and when I have prayed for help, God has sent an angel to pull me up to the next rung, and that has given me not only the will to succeed and do the next right thing, but to also help another when he's down.

When we help others, we help ourselves, and the little circle around us becomes those points of light that one of our ex presidents was talking about years ago. So when you are putting a few bucks in the Salvation Army bucket, or sending a toy or a can of food to a needy family, YOU are making a difference, and being on the receiving end I can tell you that difference is monumental in my case.

So Merry Christmas, mine will not be spent in misery this year, and for many reasons.

Good to see things are turning around for you. I hope you're able to mend some fences with your family. There are tons of good people out there, but the media seems to always dwell on the negatives of our society.

Comment

There are a lot of really good people on this site. That's awesome Chris, glad to hear it. Now, keep your shit together.

Comment

It's really not that hard! I just have a self destruct mechanism I have to keep in check. I'm doin it!

And cleaning up the past is definitely part of it, Vertnut.

Comment

Good to hear it, Man.

Keep moving forward.

Comment

Good for you, with all of the negativity in the world it is easy to become jaded with it. I agree that there are some great people on this board, I have made a couple really good friends here.

Comment

Merry Christmas.
              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Two thumbs up Chris.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Merry Christmas Chris, take it one day at a time, congratulations on the new job buddy!
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

tried to help a girl air up her tire yesterday. She was a complete bitch.
                    I guess looking like a fucking terrorist is working against me.
                    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Does this mean no more boat stories?

Congrats on turning your life around! As others have said, keep paying it forward.

Comment

Working...
                      X