No announcement yet.

More LAPD news.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess the stupid prize wasn't getting shot in the back from running from the most corrupt police force in the US. Got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
      I guess the stupid prize wasn't getting shot in the back from running from the most corrupt police force in the US. Got it.
      It was a single inane comment.

Why so serious..

Comment

Capt wannabe cop here is the new trublu. Who can defend using deadly force against someone running away??
        Isnt a speeding car considered weapon?

Comment

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
          Isnt a speeding car considered weapon?
          Oh I'm sorry, did he speed through a crowd of people and "utilize" it as a weapon?

Comment

He ran from the cops, dude. Any way you slice it, you're not going to get calm, rational people on the other side of that.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
              It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                He ran from the cops, dude. Any way you slice it, you're not going to get calm, rational people on the other side of that.
                I see what you're saying, but that doesn't give them the right to blindly shoot at someone in the back that no longer poses a threat. To me it says, I'm not running after you, I win.

Comment

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...les&id=9360534

Corvette pursuit ends in DTLA officer-involved shooting
                  Friday, December 13, 2013

Melissa MacBride
                  More: Bio, Recent Stories, News Team

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A dramatic high-speed pursuit involving a Corvette ended in a violent crash and officer-involved shooting in downtown Los Angeles Friday.

The 60-minute pursuit began in East Los Angeles around 9:30 P.M. when deputies attempted to stop the driver for reckless driving.

The silver Corvette recklessly circled around various communities including East Los Angeles, Bell and Huntington Park before violently colliding with another car at the intersection of Los Angeles Street and Olympic Boulevard.

The driver, approximately in his 40s, attempted to flee on foot, but was shot by police. It's unclear if the suspect was hit with non-lethal rounds or bullets.

The suspect was taken away by ambulance. The extent of his injuries remains unknown.

The vehicle had been chased by Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department and California Highway Patrol vehicles before the LAPD took over.

CNS contributed to this report.

(Copyright ©2013 KABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
                  I see what you're saying, but that doesn't give them the right to blindly shoot at someone in the back that no longer poses a threat. To me it says, I'm not running after you, I win.

It's possible he was shot with less lethal.
                  It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                    I fail to draw the same conclusion.....
                    quit defending me Sean

You are giving me a boner at work dammit.
                    2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                      It's possible he was shot with less lethal.
                      It's also possible the LAPD shoots people all of the time with "lethal" rounds for less.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                        quit defending me Sean

You are giving me a boner at work dammit.
                        It's kinda what I do.

It's also possible the LAPD shoots people all of the time with "lethal" rounds for less.
                        You're still blowing the responses out of proportion.

Comment

Wait, so now we're complaining that the cops hit the guy, killed him, and we dont have to waste tax money in convicting him? Win win if you ask me.

Comment

You are about as easy to reason with as a woman.

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                              Lol you are about as easy to reason with as a woman.
                              lol says the guy defending his butt buddy.

Comment

lol says the guy defending his butt buddy.
                                Wasn't really defending him.

I was attempting to show you that you were being ridiculous in assuming that the cops stood in an open firing line and shot fully automatic skull seeking bullets at some innocent man that was just trying to run away so that he could get home to his wife who was giving birth to his child who wasn't going to survive.

The news story didn't really give a whole lot. It is very possible he was shot with a less lethal round and taken in the ambulance for non life threatening injuries.

Comment

Working...
                                X