• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More LAPD news.

Corvette pursuit ends in DTLA officer-involved shooting
    Friday, December 13, 2013

Melissa MacBride
    More: Bio, Recent Stories, News Team

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A dramatic high-speed pursuit involving a Corvette ended in a violent crash and officer-involved shooting in downtown Los Angeles Friday.

The 60-minute pursuit began in East Los Angeles around 9:30 P.M. when deputies attempted to stop the driver for reckless driving.

The silver Corvette recklessly circled around various communities including East Los Angeles, Bell and Huntington Park before violently colliding with another car at the intersection of Los Angeles Street and Olympic Boulevard.

The driver, approximately in his 40s, attempted to flee on foot, but was shot by police. It's unclear if the suspect was hit with non-lethal rounds or bullets.

The suspect was taken away by ambulance. The extent of his injuries remains unknown.

The vehicle had been chased by Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department and California Highway Patrol vehicles before the LAPD took over.

CNS contributed to this report.

(Copyright ©2013 KABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

Halt or I'll shoot you anyway.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
      http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...les&id=9360534

A dramatic high-speed pursuit involving a Corvette ended in a violent crash and officer-involved shooting in downtown Los Angeles Friday.
      production fail, the video shows nothing high speed. it was almost tame except for the crash

Comment

The driver of the vette says he was possessed by the ghost of Paul Walker.

Comment

How do you justify shooting someone running away?
          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
            Just yell Stop resisting.

Comment

"Our officers believed the suspect was Chris Dorner and our officers feared for their lives. Multiple shots were fired but it is believed none of the officer rounds actually hit the suspect. It was unfortunate that Mr. Dorner was shot entering a well known gang violence area" the Chief of Police for the LAPD was quoted in a press release.

The city of LAPD has offered to pay for hospital bills for the citizens shot by the stray rounds from the police with tax paperwork handed to each citizen so that they could file the benefit and pay taxes on it.
              Last edited by Forever_frost; 12-14-2013, 11:54 AM.
              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

play stupid games win stupid prizes.
                2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                  play stupid games win stupid prizes.
                  Fuck you. Is your wannabe cop ass the next trublu defending corrupt cops?

Comment

Fuck you. Is your wannabe cop ass the next trublu defending corrupt cops?
                    Wait. Wut?

Comment

Capt wannabe cop here is the new trublu. Who can defend using deadly force against someone running away??

Comment

Capt wannabe cop here is the new trublu. Who can defend using deadly force against someone running away??
                        I think you're kinda jumping off the handle with this one man. I agree with both of you guys. If you don't want to run the risk of getting shot, don't run from the cops, but you had better have more than "he's running away" as your justification for the shoot.

How is he the new trublu? I haven't seen him display the characteristics that Matt used when he was defending the cops. If I was to say "if you run from the cops, they're bringing an ass kicking with 'em!" would I be defending the cops?

Comment

I have seen this guy post long enough to know his demeanor.

Comment

I fail to draw the same conclusion.....

Comment

Trip - I think you're reading too much into his post. That same comment is used all the time on here in this context.

And it's apropos. Not to suggest that the cop should have fired necessarily, but had the dude not run from the cops in the first place none of it would have happened.

Comment

Working...
                              X